Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

What's your opinion on the VW Viral Network? (you can pick more than one answer)

• Great Co. Name / Site Name

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Okay, but could be better

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Name Sucks

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I like the logo

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I could do better. (better PM me a logo if you mark this one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Logo Sucks

Votes: 8 42.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, I've started slowly but surely, building a network of VW sites. I want to put them all under one company and even have one "general" VW discussion site so we can have real VW meets throughout the US, Canada and even Europe. I've thought about this a long time and tried tons of names and I think I finally settled on one. I'd like your opinion. If you think you've got a better one, PM me and we'll talk. The new company name which will be the "Umbrella" site for all of the forums is:

VW Viral

VWViral.com will be the future hub of all of the forums.

Let me know what you think about the name.

The logo will possibly look similar to one of these:

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No comments?
I also have

vwvirus.com

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I liked the VWviral.com because of these reasons:
  • Was available, also got volkswagenviral,viralvw,viralvolkswagen.com
  • Viral is a hot buzz word
  • Viral's new meaning is that something is hot and latest.
  • newest def: considered infectuous and exaggeratedly crazy or insane
  • short and to the point, describes what we are. an infectious forum spreading like a virus with insane participants and with the latest Vdub information.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I like it...especially with the new definition of "viral". For instance, when a video goes, "viral". Pretty cool Ken, I think it's a great idea. Though I'm not crazy about the biohazard warning style logo. Maybe a picture of a "fast" with pock marks of some kind, ie smallpox?? haha...just trying to fuel the creative process for you. But I like the moniker quite a bit.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Logo needs work Ken. It's too much effort to make out the VW in the background. I have zero artistic talent however. If anything I would continue the VW insignia beyond the borders of the biohazard insignia. My $.02

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay,

I haven't finished, but what do you think so far?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Name/ concept sounds really cool. Not really diggin the logo though.

My 2 cents...

If you want to keep the whole "Biohazard" thing going, it needs to lose something (its too busy) i cant think of any other way to explain what I'm about to, but try this?

Think of the white part of the vw logo (the letters) as a peice of dough and think of your biohazard logo as a cookie cutter. that way you're left with fragments of both. I'm no good with photoshop so I cant tell if you'd be left with enough to be able to tell what it is... may be worth a shot?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like both ideas, the name and the logo. Although the logo could use some tweeking.

Maybe get rid of the black circle in the middle, and instead of "cutting" the VW logo making it appear as if its in the backround, you could instead "shadow" the biohazard logo on top of the VW logo. Making in apparent, but not the prime focus of the logo.

Confusing? I think I confused myself...:-\

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
GLI Fahrenheit...exactly.. that's it. What I was trying to say..

Someone Photoshop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.