My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to my dealer to get prices on a set of springs, and the install fees for them. The parts guy said the springs were $265 + tax...but only lowered the ride height 30mm, while keeping the same spring rates. This I already knew. I went to the service department to see what the install would cost...he comes back and says....10 hrs of labor at $90/hr....plus the 4 wheel alignment

$1040 in labor alone, bringing the total to about $1320 after taxes. Now I would love to lower the car....and i love the fact that it would still be in warranty due to the VW parts. But $1300 just to do that seems rediculous.

for those of you who paid a shop to install your springs....How much did they charge you for labor?

and does anyone know of a reputable shop in VA that would do it?

·
Registered
530 Posts
This was covered in another thread, but I have had this done at my local dealer. Total cost was $472 and my GTI was at the dealer for about 6 hours. The springs were about $220 and the installation included (allegedly) an allignment. I went through my sales person, this may or may not have had an affect on the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
lumpypumpkin said:
So I went to my dealer to get prices on a set of springs, and the install fees for them. The parts guy said the springs were $265 + tax...but only lowered the ride height 30mm, while keeping the same spring rates. This I already knew. I went to the service department to see what the install would cost...he comes back and says....10 hrs of labor at $90/hr....plus the 4 wheel alignment

$1040 in labor alone, bringing the total to about $1320 after taxes. Now I would love to lower the car....and i love the fact that it would still be in warranty due to the VW parts. But $1300 just to do that seems rediculous.

for those of you who paid a shop to install your springs....How much did they charge you for labor?

I can tell you that 10 hours of labor is a rip off. i used to work as a mechanic and it should be more like 3 hours of labor, 4 tops. it doesnt take 10 hours unless you are partying taking shots while doing the install.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Eviloliv3 said:
lumpypumpkin said:

I can tell you that 10 hours of labor is a rip off. i used to work as a mechanic and it should be more like 3 hours of labor, 4 tops. it doesnt take 10 hours unless you are partying taking shots while doing the install.
thats what you do when you dont want to do the work.......... over estimate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts