Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeaa okay whooaaaa i bought a gti like half a year ago and i heard of no such thing?? i live in Toronto canada do they give out guitars here?? had to struggle to get even the fast figurine

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The guitar promo ended in 2006. I bought my fast in December of 06 and the dealer didn't update the info to the company handling the distribution of the guitars. Long story short.....I don't get the guitar even though I bought in time for the promo. Could I sue and win?... sure I could. Am I going to?...no way; I don't think that would be true to the way of the Fast.

At first I was pissed...then I drove my Fast and remebered why I bought it in the first place; it sire wasn't for a fricken guitar...Besides, how can anyone be angry after tasting such perfection?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my gti 12/28/06 and i recieved a guitar and a fast... >:D my friend that sold me the gti flipped when he found out I got both ... they weren't supposed to give anymore fast out.... ???

·
Registered
94 Posts
I called VW in December and asked. I had bought it on the 26th of November. They said that I would get BOTH. I was told by the dealer I would only get the guitar and that they were not giving out the fasts anymore. Both of them showed up, within about a week of each other.

This just goes to back up my impression that you need to go to the company itself to find anything out, NOT the dealer. ::) The dealer didn't even know how I was supposed to get the guitar! They said 'just wait a couple months and if you don't hear anything, call VW.' :mad:

We ended up with the white one and it looks pretty nice. My husband (who plays constantly) said it is nice looking, but the quality just isn't there. Its meant more for looks than playing.

...and yes, we did play it through the speakers of the car. ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts