Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post the thing(s) you Love and/or Hate most about the Volkswagen GTI.

LOVE: The cool people who drive them. [gti]

HATE: That I can't afford a new MKVI GTI. [suicide]

·
Registered
541 Posts
I love that the GTI is fun to drive and very modifiable but still moderately affordable and practical (I have the 4-door so if I drop the back seats I can cram plenty back there.

I hate that this DSG transmission costs a fortune to service and there's nothing I do about it, aside from dusting off the Delorian, going back in time, and getting a 6-spd manual.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They do not resemble every other car on the road today. That was one of the main reason I purchased a GTI.

Their looks, functionality, quality, and quickness stand alone in today's jelly-bean shaped industry .. ^-^

The only dislike would have to be the higher maintenance cost that comes into play after the factory warranty expires .... :'(

·
Registered
93 Posts
I love: How ridiculously affordable it is to mod my car, especially when compared to my 3500 Cummins Dodge. I love how ridiculously fast it is even bone stock, how much room there is even for a big guy like me, and the fact that it saves me a ton of money to drive to work vs. my truck.

I hate: Some of the corners that VW cut for the sake of cost when it was somewhere they shouldn't have cut corners. Most notably, the sunroof drains that are now leaking into my DS tail light compartment...SMDH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts