Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VW GTI MODS

16K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  mystik 
#1 ·
I just bought a brand new 2007 VW GTI about a month ago and I saved up some money to do some MODS. I'm looking to do some exhaust and engine work, anyone got any recommendations for certain parts or websites that might be of some help? I'd really appreciate it.

#10 ·
i run GIAC with my car and it still runs really smooth and gives a lot of power. like i can literally get to 140mph on a road i usually run on that stock i could only get to 110. it really makes a big difference... and really i never went the whole road with the GIAC chip i bet i could get it to 150 on the road but never fully pushed it the whole way. (the 140mph time also had 3 people in the car so im sure it will go a lot faster if i pushed it while being alone)
GIAC
The REVO chip gives most power but causes yer engine to knock which is not too good. from what i heard at 60k miles the engine will be crap with a REVO chip.

#12 ·
better gas mileage, possibly void warranty, and really thats it. i actually was at the dealer the other day and we were talking about chips and he told me chips for cars really are not the problem when the engine fails its usually the other add ons people put on like Cold Air Intakes or Exhausts.

#16 ·
Do any of you know about the spped limiter? Its says the GTi's limited to 130, but a lot of people are saying they got up to 140 and such. How is this possible? Did they remove the limiter while chipping the ECU?

And I also wanted to know how high the speedometer goes on the new GTi. (In USA). I have seen pictures with speedometers that go up to 180 mph, and others at 160. What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.