Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
The site is fantastic FF!

I don't know that there's anything I would change about it. I would kinda like to have a "garage" like GolfMkV.com to show off our rides. But I don't know if that would be infringing any copyrights.

If I can think of something, I'll definitely let you know.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Awesome site, unlimited resources and advice for my GTI (whom I have recently named Sheila), and awesome upkeep. Opposed to the other GTI forums, I feel like this one caters to me, because I know pretty much everyone here, and it's not just all about the cars. We have those fun topics like "Guess the Movie" and "True of False", and a lot of interesting stories from people all over the map. One small thing I can think of is the growing number of members, and even though our moderators are awesome, the lack of general upkeep. It's hard for just a few people to keep tabs on every post that pops up, so I think we need a few more.

That garage thing sounds cool too, and I'd like to do that "Member of the Month" thing again, but actually do it every month ;) And maybe instead of just the title, they get a mini dossier, with a pic they send in, and their hobbies and stuff like that. Put it on or around the home page of the forum? Maybe?

Also, I'm not sure what can be done about it, but the bar on the left side goes way too far down, way past the posts. Maybe half of it could be moved to make a bar on the right side, or the bottom? And in the "Recent Posts" section, maybe have a link at the bottom to a page or two of the last 50 or so posts so people have the option to see more, should they have the inclination to do so.

That's just my 2 cents, although now that the value of our money is tanking, they're barely worth 1, but hey, roll with the punches 8)

(Keep in mind that I went out of my way to find these small things; I wouldn't have said one bit had I not been asked)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
One small thing I can think of is the growing number of members, and even though our moderators are awesome, the lack of general upkeep. It's hard for just a few people to keep tabs on every post that pops up, so I think we need a few more.
Oh yeah. I'd make me a mod. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
How about a quick reply box in threads? I don't even own a VW, but I've been doing a lot of searching around here, considering one. Great site!

Oh, and maybe its just me but I'm used to being brought back to my post in the thread I replied to, rather than being directed to the main forum.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
moestock said:
How about a quick reply box in threads? I don't even own a VW, but I've been doing a lot of searching around here, considering one. Great site!

Oh, and maybe its just me but I'm used to being brought back to my post in the thread I replied to, rather than being directed to the main forum.
Moe- Good suggestions. When FF moves to Vbulletin software, it should include these features by default. O0

·
Registered
181 Posts
MFG is great. I joined the GolfMkV forum at the same time a few months ago, but quickly realized I could not keep up with both. So I had them cancel my registration. I still check it out once in a while, VWvortex too, but for keeping up to date, I stick with MFG where my only membership resides. I do like the official VW news and multitude of photos on VWvortex like the H2O coverage in Ocean Springs. But MFG is the one for me. I never thought I would spend so much time here.

·
Registered
473 Posts
FF the site is great and an awesome asset for us new VW owners. I like the idea of a member of the month to see what lifestyle we have and how our FAST is a part of us.

Keep up the good work O0 I dont go a day without logging on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dragon said:
falconeight said:
The site looks and works great.....However the content is not as high as it could be.
What would you like to see as far as content? The board is what YOU, the members make it. O0
You are totally right, and it will take time to get the content up to the levels as some other online VW forums. The lay out and look is great, their is just not alot of info compared to other sites. It will get their it will just take time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.