My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread and only this thread is where discussions as to which brand/style of chip/software is best. If you're in the market for an chip/software, read this thread. Do not make your own thread for this.

18 Pages is enough on one thread. Start your own topics on type etc. but please keep them relative. This Thread Locked.
FF

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Chipping/Software Discussion

GEt the REVO chip - what i had.. and i can confirm i beat an R32 MK5 off the lights and at 40MPH- 100MPH (3rd gear -4th rolling) (when i hit traffic) was a good 2-3 car lengths ahead of him.

and this weekend i was neck and neck same plot of road with a Toyota celica 2.0 Turbo GT 4WD (310 HP) up to 95 when he started edging ahead (so i was pleased with that too)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

alexjhill said:
GEt the REVO chip - what i had.. and i can confirm i beat an R32 MK5 off the lights and at 40MPH- 100MPH (3rd gear -4th rolling) (when i hit traffic) was a good 2-3 car lengths ahead of him.

and this weekend i was neck and neck same plot of road with a Toyota celica 2.0 Turbo GT 4WD (310 HP) up to 95 when he started edging ahead (so i was pleased with that too)
mmm... must... get....REVO CHIP!!! >:D

·
Registered
89 Posts

alexjhill said:

I couldnt believe the difference the revo chip made to my fast. its like a new car. the shop who installed even set it to conservative settings since my fast is an everyday driver and I have only 5k miles on it. Put out 195hp at the wheels along with 267ft/lbs of torque on the dyno, and the tech said his dyno produces low numbers. plus it was 97degrees F and 60% humidity.

·
Registered
68 Posts

195 BHP ? take it you don't have a GTi ? (what with it being 198 BHP standard..... my GTi's 263 BHP 310 Ftlbs Torque :D

REVO - mMMMMMMM

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

my birthday is tomorrow and im hopin i get a special little gift (REVO CHIP)!!!... doubt its going to happen though haha. but i can dream for now cant i?? >:D
plus i figured in less then a year i can get most of the parts i want for my 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts

Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, 91 octane is the highest we can get easily. I downloaded the Stage 1 with some adjustments to my car this weekend. What an unreal change. I'm not a racer type, but do like to give er when I get a chance. The car wakes me up in the middle of the night and begs to be driven.
With CAI and the Stage 1, I'm astounded.
Soon, I hope to dyno just for kicks.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

What are fuel prices like in Nova Scotia? $1.14/L here in Alberta, it's fucking highway robbery.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Ok, one of the Moderator Gurus needs to answer this. Please, no guessing or speculation. I know that the APR chip has all kinds of options that go along with it. The main one that interests me is the security lock-out that prevents the dealer from figuring out if the car is chipped. It's about 800+ bucks to get the Stock/Fast/Security options with an APR chip installed at Yarrowsport in Providence. Now, the Revo chip is significantly cheaper, and it's throuh a local shop that I trust more. My MAIN concern is voiding my warranty. Will the dealer be able to see the Revo chip? How can the dealership tell if you car is chipped? When they read the ECU, does some erro code come up that says "This car's ECu hs been reflashed"??? Again please, no speculation!!! It's a matter of a few hundred bucks here and I would like a little experience and clarity. If you have the Revo chip and have gone in for service, has the dealer noticed it? If so, have they had any issues with it, accusing the Revo of causing any problems. Thanks guys

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'll go ahead and speculate that th...

Right.

The term "chipping" referrs not to actually replacing a chip, but changing the programming on the computer that controls the engine electronics. I'm not sure about Revo, but APR's software is all but invisible to the dealer if it's returned to the stock setting. While technically, the software does void your warranty, the warranty specifies that the customer is only liable if the mod is directly responsible for the damage, but that can't be proven if the dealer can't see anything but the stock settings on the ECU.

·
Registered
89 Posts

alexjhill said:
195 BHP ? take it you don't have a GTi ? (what with it being 198 BHP standard..... my GTi's 263 BHP 310 Ftlbs Torque :D

REVO - mMMMMMMM
The MKv is 200hp at the crank, which equals about 170 at the wheels (approx). Everyone who had their car on the dyno that day complained about the low numbers, so we all assumed the dyno was not functioning right. i would like a second opinion, on a reliable dyno

·
Registered
11 Posts

After waiting for over two weeks for the Revo rep to get back from vacation and the boys in Britain to get back from the pub I got my Revo. Aye chihuahua! I smoked my neighbor in his Civic Si last week pre-chip. Can't wait to see him this week. Any ideas on where my best bets lie on a new exhaust? From what I've heard this really makes the Revo scream, although my wife insists she already prays for me at night. HA!

PS, put a brand new Pioneer Double Din 30GB HDD/CD/MP3/DVD Navigation System in to replace my stock head unit. No more looking at "NO SAT RADIO" anymore.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

i took a trial of the APR chip and it was pretty insane. i am a bigger revo fan then APR but revo's trial still isnt out yet. i am definitly going to buy the revo over the apr though within my next 2 paychecks >:D

·
Registered
12 Posts

I actually just picked up an mk5 gti and I install APR chips in the philadelphia, new jersey area. Apr chips are more conservative the Revo, also the ability to switch to stock eliminates the chance of getting owned by the dealer. Now to answer the question if the dealer can see your car is chipped .....YES they can. VAG-COM 5051 is the diagnostic software used by the dealer allows the to see certain measuring blocks of the ECU such as "Boost Requested" and "Actual Boost". I hope most of you know that the chips up your boost, thus if the dealer looks at your "Boost Requested" values they WILL know. Now....Do they randomlly check for that....NO. Also dont forget that the dealer can drive your car and duhhh its a lot faster then stock will ring the bells. When you switch to stock mode with APR and the dealer looks at your ECU mesuring blocks they see stock parameters there so you're good.

·
Registered
39 Posts

IM planing on going apr, where in the philly area do you do installs bro i live outside south philly and ive been trying to find a closer shop then willowgrove.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Whiterabbitmk5 said:
IM planing on going apr, where in the philly area do you do installs bro i live outside south philly and ive been trying to find a closer shop then willowgrove.
we are located at 842 Red Lion Rd, Philadelphia PA 19115. pm me if you would like to schedule an appointment.

1 - 20 of 383 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.