Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer told me the VW ground effects kit runs about 1400-1600 installed.

I'm very interested, especially since it will remove that black plastic. I don't think my Fast likes that very much.

Anyone find any pictures? I know there's other body kits out there....but I would only get the VW certified ground effects, this way, the value will increase and I can trade it in for a 2011 Gti :) lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Now ask your dealer if 1400-1600 includes paint matching. Because unless you get them when you buy the vehicle, they are generally unpainted at that price. At least all the previous discussion here uncovered the 1500 to be unpainted from what I understood. At $1500 I would run out and get it done today. I'm sad that I'm starting to see more GTIs on the road, was nice when I only ever saw mine :)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
nitroburn said:
I'm sad that I'm starting to see more GTIs on the road, was nice when I only ever saw mine :)
You sure you just don't notice 'em more cuz you are looking for them? I see a ton of MKIV's but only a few MkVs (only seen 1 other 4dr and the driver's a cutie ;D)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dragon said:
nitroburn said:
I'm sad that I'm starting to see more GTIs on the road, was nice when I only ever saw mine :)
You sure you just don't notice 'em more cuz you are looking for them? I see a ton of MKIV's but only a few MkVs (only seen 1 other 4dr and the driver's a cutie ;D)
I suspect it could be that but I started looking the day I got the car and it has only been more recently that I've really started to see them in higher frequency.

I saw a Red one 2 days ago that I swear had the Fahrenheit rims on it...

·
Registered
19 Posts
bbgmc said:
Best option ever, no black plastic. I bought mine loaded and dont regret it at all.
Of course, it doesn't exist without pictures! ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best option ever, no black plastic. I bought mine loaded and dont regret it at all.
Can you post a larger pic? For 1500 bucks I could upgrade the sound system....but the kit looks worth it....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gti07Md said:
My dealer told me the VW ground effects kit runs about 1400-1600 installed.

I'm very interested, especially since it will remove that black plastic. I don't think my Fast likes that very much.

Anyone find any pictures? I know there's other body kits out there....but I would only get the VW certified ground effects, this way, the value will increase and I can trade it in for a 2011 Gti :) lol
My dealer price was $1500, un-painted. $2500 pre-painted. Both not installed. Local body shop would charge $400 to install, $900 to paint and install. And to think that if they were purchased with the car it would have been $1650 painted/installed. Damn them. So, I had the stock lowers painted. $1100. Looks nice (photos are in the "My GTI" thread) and not a lot of people have done it...yet.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I think that with the body kit the GTI has a little more elegance. Just more complete. I want to get one, but it's going to be the last thing i do.

Things to do:

Window Tint (this summer)
Lowering about 1"(this summer, hopefully)
Exhaust (in about a year)

Edit:

Window Tint- done. (20% all the way around)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the VW factory installed ground kit. Is that what you wanted the picture of? If so, I can post one, but it may take me about a week to get to it though (in Korea this week).

Word to the wise, anyone looking at getting the factory ground effects should NOT lower their car.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Gunny said:
I have the VW factory installed ground kit. Is that what you wanted the picture of? If so, I can post one, but it may take me about a week to get to it though (in Korea this week).

Word to the wise, anyone looking at getting the factory ground effects should NOT lower their car.
Why wouldn't I want to lower it? I'm not talking major lowering. I'm hopefully getting the Sport springs through VW.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The ground effects reduce the amount of clearance I have up front. May be this is a TN hills and mountains thing, but I already catch the front corner on occassion. I might just rip it off or break it with the car 1 to 1.5 inches lower. If you live in Kansas you should be good to go...

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Haha... I live in Houston, Texas.... extra flat. Anyway....anyone else have any opinions? I was hoping that I could lower it (again these are the sport springs through VW, which means .5 - 1.0" drop) this summer if not sooner. But before that I'd be tinting the windows. The exhaust would come after that, then maybe in 2 years or so, the body kit. I'm thinking I might as well lower it, since that will only cost me a couple hundred, then the exhaust system about 1K. And the body kit is also about 1-2K. So it'll be awhile before I can save up that much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah it does kind of look like Gunny's car but the grill is totally different. Like, it has the old VW grill and I think that looks HOT. Anyone know how i can get it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts