1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
6,128 Posts

· Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I heard about this yesterday... I'll have to schedule an appointment.

· Registered
732 Posts
Is the GTI invloved? Looks like it may just be the 2.5L . It doesnt specify...

Washington- Volkswagen AG is recalling more than 377,000 vehicles over concerns a faulty windshield washer reservoir could cause fuel leaks.
The recall covers 228,236 2007-09 Jetta and Jetta SportWagen models and 38,700 Golf and Rabbit models from the same period. Another 110,350 new Beetle and Beetle convertibles from the 2006-10 model years are also being recalled.
Advertisement

A fuel leak could cause a fire posing a safety risk. A small plastic tab on the windshield wiper reservoir could chafe against an underhood fuel supply line in most of the recalled vehicles. VW spokesman Kerry Christopher said the company has no reports on any fires, injuries or accidents as a result of the condition.
VW dealers will inspect the vehicles, remove the plastic tab from the reservoir in the Jetta, Golf and Rabbit vehicles and replace the fuel line if necessary. VW will inspect and adjust a fastening clamp on the Beetle vehicles.
VW will notify dealers and owners in late January as parts become available

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101215...ehicles-over-fuel-leak-concerns#ixzz18OBP8CqI

http://detnews.com/article/20101215...ehicles-over-fuel-leak-concerns#ixzz18OBA3C7B

· Premium Member
3,988 Posts

· Use Google Search!!!!
8,221 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yay no recalls for my car! thanx for linking that site for VW owners to check the VIN that was sweet!

· Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Im just gonna look for the tab or signs of wear
Let me know what you see... I may just check mine as well but I havent looked to see what/where it is yet...

· Premium Member
3,988 Posts
yay no recalls for my car! thanx for linking that site for VW owners to check the VIN that was sweet!
No Problem... Kinda bored at work atm 8)

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea im bored at work currently but im out of here soon. I hope i can get home with some daylight and change my damn break light bulb on the right side went out on me.... Damn lights going out on me during the winter timez

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.