Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, looks like I have been victim of a very unprofessional VW 'Sales Consultant'...

I've let him know of a bunch of problems:
* Intake missing peice that attaches OVER the part that clips onto the front bumper area, this causes it to constantly fall off and suck in HOT air from the radiator.
* Dent in roof on delivery with a bit of missing paint. Dent was fixed, and paint was supposedly ordered THREE times.
* Radio TSB & Mystery Bass of Doom
* Want to get some of the TSBs done even if it costs me a little because I don't drive that often and at this rate my first service wont be for another 4-6 Months and i've aready had the car 5 Months.

5 Months is way to long to be waiting for stuff like this to be fixed. As a result of the delay, the dent in the roof has started to RUST!!! Something I might want them to make note of in case that becomes a trouble spot. Also, if the peice that is missing is what holds in the air filter, I'm going to have them make a note of that too. Again, just in case something down the road happens that is related to the engine sucking crap in.

Anyone have a picture/diagram of where the VW air filter sits?

-edit-

I forgot to finish the story with the fact this 'Sales Consultant' had actually either quit or been fired, but yet has been taking my calls as if he worked there. When I had gone in a bunch of times, they always said he had 1 day off a week, but stopping in on random different days, he was never around. Then finally today one of the sales guys told me that, "he is no longer with us". To which I expressed shock as I had called his phone just days prior and he said he was going to call the parts department then call me back, but he never called back.

Anyways, I'm now dealing with a different Sales guy who I know has worked there much longer and who actually wrote down my list of problems. Now to see if he calls me back ;)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Wow, that really sucks. There has to be some sort of legal action you can take against the salesman who was leading you on.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kryptonkid07 said:
Wow, that really sucks. There has to be some sort of legal action you can take against the salesman who was leading you on.
I don't know exactly how long ago he was fired, but based on the fact that when he worked there, he was only off 1 day a week (Friday), and the fact I haven't seen him there in my past 5 stop ins (it's very close), I'm guessing it wasn't just this week.

I'm not angry enough for legal action, but I will want them to make notes of their delay to fix it just in case it leads to other issues later on.

·
Registered
842 Posts
nitro, why weren't you dealing with the service manager? if you read some of my other posts in the complaints / problems you need to move up the food chain fast when you have these kinds of problems - I hope it works out and you have everything documented - the rust really sucks

·
Registered
749 Posts
I recommend that you have these problems documented in writing regardless if they're actively fixing them or possibly giving you the runaround. At least if you can show that you brought this stuff to their attention during the warranty period, then they'll be resposible for fixing them and any after-effects.

About the air filter; you'll be okay in that department. The filter is inside the engine cover. That plastic fairing that's missing a piece flows through a plastic tube and into the engine cover, then out the back of the cover into the turbo inlet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yay! I've moved up the chain as was suggested. I would have done it sooner, but wasn't in a rush before. Now that I see rust forming in the dent, I am rushing it.

I will also be getting Launch Control! After they told me there would be no LC in Canada, looks like they have changed their tune. But they did mention that it appears there are things in motion to outlaw it in the USA soon, so get the update while you can ;)

Now I'm still waiting for the touch up paint, but it should be there this time (This is try #3 according to them).

They also didn't seem to be aware of the 'Bass of Doom' issue connected to the speed dependent volume.

·
Registered
842 Posts
nitroburn said:
Yay! I've moved up the chain as was suggested. I would have done it sooner, but wasn't in a rush before. Now that I see rust forming in the dent, I am rushing it.

I will also be getting Launch Control! After they told me there would be no LC in Canada, looks like they have changed their tune. But they did mention that it appears there are things in motion to outlaw it in the USA soon, so get the update while you can ;)

Now I'm still waiting for the touch up paint, but it should be there this time (This is try #3 according to them).

They also didn't seem to be aware of the 'Bass of Doom' issue connected to the speed dependent volume.
Does a stock GTI come with speed sensitive volume? Or is that an added feature?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uncle dude said:
Does a stock GTI come with speed sensitive volume? Or is that an added feature?
Comes with it. It is in the stereo menu that you get to by holding down one of the knobs on the stereo (i forgot, a quick search would find it) then going to the Speed dependent volume control and shutting it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.