My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YO folks...I'm new to this board, so bear with me. My wife just bought a new 2005 GTI 1.8T, fully optioned and
LOVES it. I'm looking to get the new MK V GTI,hopefully in about 6 mos. with DSG tranny and 18" wheels. We
have never owned a VW and now we are huge fans!
My point is this...We think the tv ads showing the "German engineers" un-pimping other lame cars is pure
genius. We think VW advertising dollars would go much further in selling a ton of GTI's as opposed to the My Fast
"evil rabbit" thing they got going on now. We are in our mid-50's and those ads are a turn off for us. I realize this
goes against the My Fast thing but I think VW would get more people into the show rooms and sell a lot more
GTI's by using the other ad campaign. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome to the site!!! Congratulations on the new purchase. I think the Fast ads are entertaining, but that the un-pimp my ride ads are better. I think the ad campaign is the best that they've had in a long time. I bought my mkV before any of the ads started so they were of no consequence in my decision.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Welcome! I agree with clavos, But the "fasts" are still going for more than 300. on ebay so they are generating more exposure for vw without having to spend money on commercials. I think it is pure CP+B genius.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and the imput. After driving this GTI for a month and learning about the new MK 5 I hope VW turns things around. They have some hot new products and the ad campaign is key. I currently own a Mazda6 and bought it in '04 as Mazda was turning things around...It's been a great car...But now I'm getting a feel for that German thing in autos. What a GREAT time to be an enthusiast! P.S...Clavos...love your candy white GTI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The fast ad campaing is aimed towards young males. And personally i think It works Beautifully. I have all of the commercials downloaded to my computer and show them to all of my friends. Most of which end up wanting a fast....and many of them wanting to buy a GTI. So while the ad may not work for you It is definatly working for its intended audience.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Just a note to say that I agree...and agree. The un-pimp commercials are great and classic VW...plus the Fast "thing" has it merits.

I bought my MKV before I saw any, I had just purchased an '06 Beattle with the 2.5l and wanted something faster yet. Boy did I get it...I am lucky enough to own that red beauty in the "GTI Fly By", "Take Off" etc. videos and I have never had so much fun driving. I am 55 going on 23 and have driven pick-up trucks for way too long.

I had a TechTonics turbo-back exhaust added (first of it's kind), a Neuspeed cold air intake, lowered it with sport springs and had 18" wheels put on it. H&M MotorSports (Eli) did all the work and they did a great job...they also tinted all the windows, added BlueTooth and an iPod connection.

Es ist wirklich, da? ich ?berhaupt dachte und ich gehandhabt habe, SVTs, Silikone und eines gelegentlichen BMW zu f?hren, der aufw?rts auf eine Gebirgsstra?e geht, alles vollst?ndig sichere und zugelassen, selbstverst?ndlich schneller. ;D

Or...

It really is quicker that I ever thought and I have managed to pass SVT's, Si's and an occasional BMW going uphill on a mountain road, all completely safe and legal, of course. ;D

I 110% recommend it!! My wife has an '06 Salsa Red convertable Beattle and she now has her dream car too.

There is "VW Peace" in our house...ja!

·
Registered
952 Posts
redrocket said:

Es ist wirklich, da? ich ?berhaupt dachte und ich gehandhabt habe, SVTs, Silikone und eines gelegentlichen BMW zu f?hren, der aufw?rts auf eine Gebirgsstra?e geht, alles vollst?ndig sichere und zugelassen, selbstverst?ndlich schneller. ;D

Or...

It really is quicker that I ever thought and I have managed to pass SVT's, Si's and an occasional BMW going uphill on a mountain road, all completely safe and legal, of course. ;D
I can vouch for that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts