Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone raced a stock 350z. Know a guy who has one and I want to race him. My GTI has intake and a GIAC chip. Also my buddy has a 98 Jetta VR6 with intake, exhuast, and a chip and its partly gutted. Who would have the advantage???

·
Registered
253 Posts
the 350 has a lot of hp, but its ugly & useless, not fun, japs will never catch up with german engineers 8)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Fo sho. :D

I mean, I understand you like german cars. But Japanese cars aren't all ricey and slow. The Japanese car manufacturers are really smart and make good performing, long lasting cars. They have done a lot to the evolution of the car. There are tons of great Japanese cars:
Nissan 350Z
Nissan Skyline
Mitsubishi Evolution
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Toyota Supra
1st and 2nd Generation Mitsubishi Eclipse
1986 Toyota "Trueno" (aka Corolla)

the list goes on...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
HoldDaMayo said:
I'm guessing it would be a close race between the jeta and you, but you might get smoked by the 350z.
i think he would spank the jetta and have a fender up on the 350z from a 20roll... just dont race the 350z from a dig cause the RWD will pull on ya pretty nicely.

·
Registered
106 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:

I mean, I understand you like german cars. But Japanese cars aren't all ricey and slow. The Japanese car manufacturers are really smart and make good performing, long lasting cars. They have done a lot to the evolution of the car. There are tons of great Japanese cars:
Nissan 350Z
Nissan Skyline
Mitsubishi Evolution
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Toyota Supra

the list goes on...
NSX
Civic Type R (awesome hatchback in almost every generation)
Integra Type R
300Z Twin Turbo (i used to love those cars when they first came out
240Z (one of the greatest classic sport compact cars)

I'm not correcting you, just agreeing with you and adding some of my favs ;)

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
HoldDaMayo said:
kryptonkid07 said:

Nissan 350Z
Nissan Skyline
Mitsubishi Evolution
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Toyota Supra

the list goes on...
NSX
Civic Type R (awesome hatchback in almost every generation)
Integra Type R
300Z Twin Turbo (i used to love those cars when they first came out
240Z (one of the greatest classic sport compact cars)

I'm not correcting you, just agreeing with you and adding some of my favs ;)
No problem!

I'm glad there's a fellow car enthusiast rather than just GTI fan-boy. ;D Oh and by 300Z did you mean 300 ZX? Or is there a separate car? I love the 300 ZX, especially the twin turbo.

Others, feel free to add on.

·
Registered
809 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:

Nissan 350Z
Nissan Skyline
Mitsubishi Evolution
Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Toyota Supra

the list goes on...
You have passed the test, only a true tuner would know about the Corolla being a Trueno. O0 Very sweet lil car. And all of those cars are nothin to shake a stick at thats for sure !!!

Should be interesting how the new Skyline compares to the old. I want real world stats not just what I read in the mag, cant wait !!

·
Registered
253 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:

I mean, I understand you like german cars. But Japanese cars aren't all ricey and slow. The Japanese car manufacturers are really smart and make good performing, long lasting cars. They have done a lot to the evolution of the car. There are tons of great

i never said japanese car manufacturers are dumb or anything. they dont make comfortable and safe cars like the germans!!!!
they scratch every edge to make engines that use less gas(they dont have any fuel mines or whatever they are called) the mitsubishi evo 8 has a 8 liter engine but has like 350hp or more. they just work on the engine, no design

·
Registered
230 Posts
i think you're thinking of a different car, i dont even know if it would be possible to have an I-4 have 8.0L, and the evo 8 is like a 2.0L with about 280 hp stock?

but most japanese cars are plain on the looks and interior imho, besides the ultra-tuners, like evo, STi, 350z, skyline, supra, a few more

·
Registered
253 Posts
hmm im not sure :p, but i was watching top gear, they compared the evo 8 with lamborghini murcielago. it was around 300 but im not sure, i have to watch again.
but it has a lot of hp for a 2 liter engine

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Well believe it.

It's a 2.0L engine. It has around 286 horses.

The STi has a 2.0L engine with 300 horses.

Think about this... What can you accomplish with a GTi with a bigger turbo, new DV, intake, exhaust, headers, etc, etc?

I can say it would be well over 300 HP... maybe about 350 if not more. Now add a chip...

It's very possible.

The Evo has really, and I mean really good handling. The Japanese really went all out on that suspension. The reason it can beat the Lambo around the track is because of it's superior handling.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Lambo---ugly
STI---ugly
Evo 8---ugly
350Z---I could see myself in one of those.
I've always been a fan on the Z heritage. That having been said, I didn't exactly settle for my GTI. I bought it because I drove one, and that's all it takes for a car enthusiast to fall in love. The 350 was fast, precise, stable, and scored every bit of a zero on the fun scale.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
I've never seen any Lamborghini I liked. I dig Ferraris.
A few weeks ago- my son who is ten had the choice to sit in either two Ferraris (including a 599GTB) and he chose to sit in the Porsche. When he was aked why he didn't sit in either Ferrari? he said "Dad- German cars are so much better" [fish]

I'm raising a euro snob... [fish]

1 - 20 of 58 Posts