Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get some help with finding the 4 Hex screws that are used to mount the Coil Pack to the engine block. One of the screws is stripped and I'm trying to take the coil pack off to seal it (I'm sure you all know why).
Thats my main problem right now, because i can't get all but one out. If anyone can give me good advise on how to take out a stripped Hex please let me know...but the problem i also face is where to get replacement screws.

I went to VW and they couldn't figure out where they could find the screws in the computer. finally they found some but were not sure if they were what i was looking for and had to order them. they did and they were not the correct screws. I can't find any info online on where to get these long screws. rather go to a junkyard to get them off of another GTI i would rather get new ones that are not corroded. any help would be great. thanks

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Go to ace hardware for the new screws.

Sounds like you will have to use a tap set to remove the stripped screw

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SO i have tried drilling it out and using one of those stripped screw bits and nothing. i just tried some more of the PB Blaster spray but it's not budging. but does anyone know how to get a replacement screw. I have been told its an M6 size, and long about 70mm. home depot doesn't have that size in stock and VW is still clueless.

Got the screws out. now just need replacements...

·
Registered
496 Posts
SO i have tried drilling it out and using one of those stripped screw bits and nothing. i just tried some more of the PB Blaster spray but it's not budging. but does anyone know how to get a replacement screw. I have been told its an M6 size, and long about 70mm. home depot doesn't have that size in stock and VW is still clueless.

Got the screws out. now just need replacements...
Well Vr6's may be different than 1.8t's but stock our cars don't come with bolt down coilpacks. The bolt downs are called hitachi coilpacks,
I ordered mine from ecstuning and they came with the bolts.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_IV--1.8T/Search/Hitachi/ES7536/

considering that its "aftermarket" makes sense that the dealer doesn't have em. call ecs see if theyll sell just the bolts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts