Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CONSUMER ALERT: Headlights Cited in Volkswagen Recall

Sep 28, 2007 04:51 PM

(AP) - Volkswagen is recalling 340,000 passenger cars because the head lights don't comply with federal safety standards.

The recall includes the Jetta from model years 2005 through 2008. It also includes the Rabbit, GTI and R32 passenger cars from model years 2006 through 2008.

The company says there have been no crashes linked to the issue. It says some of the head lamps may be missing caps in the sockets of the low beam aiming screws.

Owners are expected to be notified of the recall beginning next month.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Im sure that crew is now working in a Kraut factory for that miscue.

Ok, beyond the technical yada-yada of some caps missing does anyone know how this affects the GTi technically. If all this fuss is over some USA style point rule then oh well but whats the effect of these caps not being there. Must not be too big a deal since no accidents were sighted.

Anyone, anyone.. Buhler! Buhler!!!

·
Banned
890 Posts
Not anything to lose sleep over. The can operate fine without the caps. It's more of a Fed. issue. Even though it's a lot of cars, it's not a big deal. Now the recalls on my Avalanche are another story!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I took my GTI in this past week 'cause the check engine light went off (unnerving but turned out to be related to yet another recall, about the computer system needing to be reset or something). Anyway, they said they just needed to "check the clamps." I assume this is the same recall. So, it was really nothing. :)

·
Banned
890 Posts
:p Avalanche of problems! The first recall was due to a kid here in Portland. He was sitting on the tailgate when both cables snapped. He fell forward and died of a head injury. I bought it as a work truck - was starting a home bldg business. Lots of little things, though since I had commercial plates the dealer always loaned me a truck. Took them eight hours to change a flat...the drop down spare tire holder broke! Within 15K the leather was showing its age ( I weigh 180). It drank gas like no tomorrow and acceration sucked-yes I knew some of this before buying. The strong point, esp over Honda, is the flexibility of the back. I could put a few sheets of sheetrock in and keep it safe from the rain. It could tow 5K lbs no problem and had a great highway ride.
There was a couple other minor recalls, but literally it was in the shop every 2-3 weeks. I knew all the crew by name! The concept is great and I liked the styling, but the constant problems wore me down. Resale value was horrible. Now that I don't haul bldg. materials around I have my Farenheit. Whew!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.