Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'll take the GTI everytime. Below was before adding any options. All in all, the price was about the same. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

SS Supercharged 2SS MSRP* $21,540.00
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 1SS features:
Audio system: seven-speaker Pioneer premium with amplified tweeters and rear subwoofer
Engine: 2.0L Supercharged DOHC ECOTEC four-cylinder with 205 hp
Fascias: front and rear, body-color, Sport, with extensions
Gauges: titanium-faced sport, include speedometer, fuel gauge, tachometer and boost
Seating: leather-appointed seats with color-keyed, perforated inserts
Spoiler: high-mounted, body-color
Suspension: Performance Handling
Transmission: five-speed manual with short-throw shifter
Wheels: 18-inch, painted-aluminum

·
Registered
13 Posts
GTIRun said:
Turbo or Supercharger?
there is no turbo cobalt YET, rumor on their forums is that they are going to put the same motor they used for the saturn sky red-line in there. the car is just fast. cheaply built and cheap to mod, but it has nothing on the gti as far as looks and quality, ride ect. everyone on the forums over on www.cobaltss.net are complaining about their cars falling appart after 10K

blackgti06 said:
the car looks so plain inside and its just a caviler with an upgraded engine and a wing
they get pissed when you call it that! hahaha

·
Registered
556 Posts
Gunny said:
I'll take the GTI everytime. Below was before adding any options. All in all, the price was about the same. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!

Audio system: seven-speaker Pioneer premium with amplified tweeters and rear subwoofer
Gauges: titanium-faced sport, include speedometer, fuel gauge, tachometer and boost
They are all specific about everything, then when it comes to the handling, it just says "performance" handling. Something smells...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well Car and Driver is dumb! There's no way the handling in the Cobalt SS is better than the GTI... those guys must be loopy in the head.

·
Registered
261 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
Well Car and Driver is dumb! There's no way the handling in the Cobalt SS is better than the GTI... those guys must be loopy in the head.
Believe it or not.. It is true the cobalt ss does handle better than the GTI. My buddy has one and I have to be honest and say it how it is. Also they are fast as shit... I dont like the car but I respect it. I am not stock by a long shot and I have had my best races against him and he is stock!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
mog3618 said:
Believe it or not.. It is true the cobalt ss does handle better than the GTI. My buddy has one and I have to be honest and say it how it is. Also they are fast as shit... I dont like the car but I respect it. I am not stock by a long shot and I have had my best races against him and he is stock!!
hes right they have the capability of running about 14.2 @ 98-99 stock. like i said its just a fast car nothing else. there are guys running mid 12's w. them. the GTI is just a more well rounded car, not one demensional like the cobalt ss S/C

·
Registered
749 Posts
Stock vs stock, the SS had better be faster; it's got a 15% curb weight advantage with about the same peak horsepower and no turbo lag. The usual fare--intake, exhaust, chip will overcome that 15% gap via power and then some. Any brand ECU flash with matching intake/exhaust (and don't forget to replace the diverter valve) will take that Cava...er...Cobalt.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Gunny said:

They are all specific about everything, then when it comes to the handling, it just says "performance" handling. Something smells...
They may have not been too specific on the suspension but a recent article shows the Cobalt beating the GTI on a road course amongst others like the Civic SI.. I wish I could remember the mag to post up where to find the support for my comment. If i find it i`ll post it up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
WHO CARES .. if Cobalt is Faster or NOT

GTI is BETTER LOOKIN Car ... better car .. turns more heads and unlike COBALT is it not a piece of shit car that u need to take 2 ur dealer every 2 days to see why the stupid lights keep coming on while ur driving

LONG LIVE GTI

1 - 20 of 88 Posts