My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit gimicky. VW seems to be pulling out the stops to market to a very specific audience.

http://www.vdubsrock.com

I'm on track to purchase my 07 in Feb (saveing for high down), and I'm secretly hoping this promo keeps going untill then.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I saw that yesterday. I think it looks a bit cheesy. I suppose its no worse than giving a little "fast" figurine with the GTI though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or mountian bikes (an old VW promo).

You can also look at it like this, does Honda give you jack for free? ^-^

·
Registered
43 Posts
dgm said:
I saw that yesterday. I think it looks a bit cheesy. I suppose its no worse than giving a little "fast" figurine with the GTI though.
I love my GTI, but i think VW is missing the mark alltogether in their marketing campaign. They seem to be targeting the GTIs and Rabbits at the 20-something crowd. While there is nothing wrong with that, i bet you that the majority of people that bought these cars are over thirty. Main reason: few 20-something can afford the price tag of a GTI or a loaded Rabbit - thanks to globalization and outsourcing !!!

Peace!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting you mention 20 somthings.

About 6 months ago, I saw the new GTI for the first time. I wasn't paying attention or even looking to buy a new car, and I currently drive a Ford Ranger, because it's cheap, and at the time I was into that.

I was sitting at a light, rockin out in my Ranger and this United Gray 06 pulls up next to me, and I notice its exhaust sounded pretty sweet. The light turns green and that guy must have noticed me noticing his ride, because he hits the gas, lays a little patch, and just launches forward leaving me behind with the smell of tire stinging my nostrils.

It was just too cool, and I wanted one.

I'm 26, and make a 26 year old Crestron programmer type salary. Like many in my generation, I also had about $5000 of credit card debt. My fast motivated me. I dealt with my credit, and within three months, I had 0 debt and 100+ point boost to my credit score. Another three months later, after picking up some side work, pulling some over time, and just plain working my ass off, I have 3 grand in the bank. I'm about 3 more months out from having a 6 grand down payment, and I'll be sitting in my fast, patting myself on the back. When it's complete, this will be the first major purchase of my life where I set a goal, carefully planned, and deftly executed.

My point. I've found that ego and pride are powerful and useful tools in getting things done. I needed something that I desired to the point of obsession to overcome my inherent complacency.

My fast has made me a better man, and I don't even have it yet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
wow, I was driving home one day stopped at an import dealer, walked in, told them I wanted the white one with the manual tranny and said make me an offer on my Cummins Turbo Diesel. They did and 2 hours later I was in my FAST driving it home. lol.... I totally understand what you're saying though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
im 29 and was driving a lifted 05 jeep i saw the new body style and wanted one went in got them to give me what i wanted for the jeep and left with the gti.

·
Registered
197 Posts
got to get my story in, My friend got a mk4 2000. i liked the car, we drove in it and i loved the little turbo boost it gave randomly. went out to the same dealer got a 2003 loved it toke it in to get check out, i was 17 at the time, saw the mkv loved it, went out voided the contract, since i was 17 i did that without getting in trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts