Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 52 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Re: Vancouver's VW CLUB

uncle dude said:
Thalo said:
I might be moving to the Okanagan. Maybe I'll join the Vancouver club and meet up with you guys sometime.
Bring some of that Alberta oil with you so our taxes go down. Ordering my car at the end of the month and the taxes alone are $4000. I have to keep reminding myself that we get health care, EI, etc - but it is still hard to see that money fly out of the account. I have not seen too many GTI's around Vancouver, especially white ones for some reason.
I live in Surrey and I've only seen Black, Red and Silver... Have yet to see a white one. I think everyone here fears the fact it's going to look dirty very quick here :)

But speaking of taxes, it's almost time to file and for the amount I owe, I could have got 2 more GTI's! I hope I have to make use of that health care, EI system one day :p

· Registered
245 Posts
Thalo said:
Infrastructure is literally crumbling before my eyes here. Potholes on roads appearing faster than they can be repaired and I just read today that the city put out a tender offer to get a high priority stretch of freeway that is totally pothole-ridden resurfaced and got no offers. So they won't be doing it until 2009.
It's not much better here in Surrey, BC or any surrounding areas. I feel so much pain for my tires while driving. I'm constantly driving near the middle of the road (when they are clear) because of the damn potholes/rocks or having to swerve to avoid hitting them. I desperately need to get a Clear bra for my car before more rocks hit the hood.

I don't know if I just don't remember this happening other winters, but the roads just seem like they got trashed this winter more then normal.

· Registered
245 Posts
htcp said:
hi everyone just a lil off topic here (i guess) i got my fast since late Jan 07. Wanna know does anyone of you chip your fast already by APR in Van area. Im looking for it in Van area now. thanks! ;D
I got it done at RPI in Richmond on #6 Road.

· Registered
245 Posts
htcp said:
Thanks for your info, how much they cost you? seem like they are the only one in Van area am i correct? ;)
Nope, I think there are at least 4 of us in the Greater Vancouver Regional District.

I got a super awesome deal where I paid for 1 program and got 3. $745 I think for one program. There was a sale on with 2 for 1 but they had a problem and I had to come back a week later and due to the inconvenience APR included a 3rd program.

1 - 4 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.