Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Vancouver!

What are the prices and availability like for the new GTI?

Is there any $ negotiation room on the asking price?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'm guessing $30,000 CAD for the base model, plus 14% or whatever in sales taxes.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
In most provinces yeah. I live in Alberta where there is only federal sales tax of 7% (soon to be 6%). All the other provinces either get a double-whammy of provincial and federal sales tax, or just a really high "harmonized sales tax".

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
What mods and accessories you have done to your car. Also what are you going to do to the car in the future. How fast have you gotten your car up too.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I was just at the dealership today... I almost bought the nice fabric GTI floormats with the red trim but I thought twice about it. I'll fuck up the ones I got first.

If, by the time my warranty's up, I still have this car then I plan to do some serious modding. Cold air intake, ECU, exhaust, body kit, and some air scoops on the hood that from a certain angle would make it look exactly the face of my Fast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im in Van too. I got my GTI almost a year ago now, cost me 31K with Manual 6spd and sunroof. It was worth it ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i was wondering if there are any good after market shops in the GVRD.ive been drivin vw for 4 years now and im just gettin into moding but i dont like the internet as far as buying stuff.cause im not sure wut im gettin and i like to ask questions.so let me know if there is any good places to go!
thanx
mr.white

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I might be moving to the Okanagan. Maybe I'll join the Vancouver club and meet up with you guys sometime.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Re: Vancouver's VW CLUB

Thalo said:
I might be moving to the Okanagan. Maybe I'll join the Vancouver club and meet up with you guys sometime.
Bring some of that Alberta oil with you so our taxes go down. Ordering my car at the end of the month and the taxes alone are $4000. I have to keep reminding myself that we get health care, EI, etc - but it is still hard to see that money fly out of the account. I have not seen too many GTI's around Vancouver, especially white ones for some reason.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Vancouver's VW CLUB

uncle dude said:
Thalo said:
Bring some of that Alberta oil with you so our taxes go down. Ordering my car at the end of the month and the taxes alone are $4000. I have to keep reminding myself that we get health care, EI, etc - but it is still hard to see that money fly out of the account. I have not seen too many GTI's around Vancouver, especially white ones for some reason.
I live in Surrey and I've only seen Black, Red and Silver... Have yet to see a white one. I think everyone here fears the fact it's going to look dirty very quick here :)

But speaking of taxes, it's almost time to file and for the amount I owe, I could have got 2 more GTI's! I hope I have to make use of that health care, EI system one day :p

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Still deciding between same job I have now in B.C. or move to Toronto and work my way up the corporate ladder. What I'm sure of is that I'm leaving this cesspool of a province. There's no real career here for someone who isn't a Roughneck and I can't afford to buy a house (nor do I want to buy what I can afford, which is garbage condominiums).

Infrastructure is literally crumbling before my eyes here. Potholes on roads appearing faster than they can be repaired and I just read today that the city put out a tender offer to get a high priority stretch of freeway that is totally pothole-ridden resurfaced and got no offers. So they won't be doing it until 2009.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thalo said:
Still deciding between same job I have now in B.C. or move to Toronto and work my way up the corporate ladder. What I'm sure of is that I'm leaving this cesspool of a province. There's no real career here for someone who isn't a Roughneck and I can't afford to buy a house (nor do I want to buy what I can afford, which is garbage condominiums).

Infrastructure is literally crumbling before my eyes here. Potholes on roads appearing faster than they can be repaired and I just read today that the city put out a tender offer to get a high priority stretch of freeway that is totally pothole-ridden resurfaced and got no offers. So they won't be doing it until 2009.
I would never slam another province or place I have not lived, but we love it here! I say pack up the FAST and get to the ocean. Speaking of roads, I am always amazed as soon as I cross the border and head to Seattle how the roads become more concrete, and generate a lot more road noise. We are spoiled with our asphalt, even with the potholes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thalo said:
It's not much better here in Surrey, BC or any surrounding areas. I feel so much pain for my tires while driving. I'm constantly driving near the middle of the road (when they are clear) because of the damn potholes/rocks or having to swerve to avoid hitting them. I desperately need to get a Clear bra for my car before more rocks hit the hood.

I don't know if I just don't remember this happening other winters, but the roads just seem like they got trashed this winter more then normal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
nitroburn said:
Thalo said:
It's not much better here in Surrey, BC or any surrounding areas. I feel so much pain for my tires while driving. I'm constantly driving near the middle of the road (when they are clear) because of the damn potholes/rocks or having to swerve to avoid hitting them. I desperately need to get a Clear bra for my car before more rocks hit the hood.

I don't know if I just don't remember this happening other winters, but the roads just seem like they got trashed this winter more then normal.
Nitroburn, where did you buy your GTI and were you able to get any $$ off the sticker price? We are ordering next Saturday and have a quote from Capilano VW for $600 off sticker + rubber floor mats. I am trying to get the iPod adapter thrown in too. Would appreciate your feedback, and any other feedback from Vancouver area folks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts