Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a 2000 GTI 1.8t And i noticed that after driving the car The valve cover feels really hot! My temp guage is is at like 195 (normal). If you could help that would be awesome!!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
so u are telling me 195* is not hot?

an engine up to running temp should be hot to the touch

love the tropic orange

is it for sale?

what engine do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im saying it feels hotter then normal. I understand what combustion is! And its an engine Idiot! A motor is converting electric energy into mechanical energy. A engine is converting chemical energy into mechanical energy.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Im saying it feels hotter then normal. I understand what combustion is! And its an engine Idiot! A motor is converting electric energy into mechanical energy. A engine is converting chemical energy into mechanical energy.
ignorant fool... a motor is a engine

Dictonary.com said:
mo·tor   [moh-ter] Show IPA
noun
a comparatively small and powerful engine, especially an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like.
hence why there called MOTORvehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so is it cause its a turbo car that its Hotter then im use too ? I'm just glad its normal i guess , im use to a honda u can drive those terds all day and
lay your face on it lol

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Ok so is it cause its a turbo car that its Hotter then im use too ? I'm just glad its normal i guess , im use to a honda u can drive those terds all day and
lay your face on it lol
hondas dont make power... and its every car......

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i dont believe that you can put ur face on a honda valve cover with out having some pain

i need to see this to believe it

can you post pictures of the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.