Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing the software. I would like to turn off those damn DRLs and a few other things VW doesn't want me touching. Not to mention being able to diagnose my FAST if it should have a problem. I'm planning on keeping the car beyond the warranty period so I think the program would payoff in the long run.

I would like to hear from those of you that have used it the pros and cons.

Thanks in advance!

VagCom

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Click on the above link to go directly to the vag com website.

It's software for a computer that allows you to diagnose and change various settings on your VW. Since the dealerships will charge you big time money to diagnose problems (read - plug your VW up to their computer and read the code then charge you $80) you can do this yourself with a computer in your garage. There are a bunch of threads on VW Vortex that talk about the software.

Still looking for pros and cons of those people who have this software.

·
Registered
128 Posts
its probably not worth buying at this point because your car is waranteed. once your warantee expires, then it might make more sense

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
youpey said:
its probably not worth buying at this point because your car is waranteed. once your warantee expires, then it might make more sense
But if I'm planning on owning the car beyond the warranty period why wait to buy it?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DrJones said:
The title of this thread still makes me giggle...
I didn't name the software. But maybe it would be a good to inquire with the folks at Ross-Tech.

Looking at the website they offer a BI-COM too! Makes you wonder who names these things...

·
Registered
206 Posts
The vag-com software isn't meant to add hp or torque. It's just a diagnostic program where you can read out errors and change settings for your DRL's, your alarm, your windows, and so on...

·
Registered
261 Posts
GTI2007 said:
The vag-com software isn't meant to add hp or torque. It's just a diagnostic program where you can read out errors and change settings for your DRL's, your alarm, your windows, and so on...
I gotta a friend that got his DRL turned off and I have to say its something simple but thanks to the VagCom his Fast is different. The dealers here in Miami deny being able to shut the DRL off but they seem out of words when they see a fast pull up with the lights off.. Its kinda fun to see them make stuff up..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep I ordered mine last week - $350. Turned off my DRL's, seat belt chime, activated the windows so I can roll them up and down with my keyless remote.

I justified the purchase since my sister owns a VW Jetta and I have a few other buddies with VW/Audi's so I know I can get some beers out of them when they need some diagnostic work done. >:D

Love the fact I don't have to waste a trip to the dealership and spend $80/hour to have them tell me what is wrong or might not be wrong with my car. This software will pay for it's self if you plan to hold onto the car longer than the warranty.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
thats pretty cool controlling your windows with your keyless remote. The program sounds like fun but i dont find the need for it yet. One day in will have it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blackgti06 said:
thats pretty cool controlling your windows with your keyless remote. The program sounds like fun but i dont find the need for it yet. One day in will have it.
Oh it's nice in the summers to let that heat out of your car before getting in it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
How does that work with rolling your windows down with your remote, Do you have a different remote for your car then or still the stock one? And can you control the sunroof with that too?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Stock remote. Hold the unlock button until the windows are down. Hold the lock button until the windows are up. If the sunroof is open it will close after the windows go up. You cannot open the sunroof with the remote. Same operations as using the key in he doorlock.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it hard to change those kind of options with the vagcom? or is it fairly simple. I consider my self pretty good with computers and stuff would i be able to figure it out and does it come with manuals on how to change the settings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anybody know if in Vag-com you can alter the speedo for oversized tires.. I know in fords you can do this through the ABS up to a certian percent..

I am in Yuma Arizona.. I am willing to purchase and learn the program AND use it to help others that are willing to make a little drive.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Drewman said:
Does anybody know if in Vag-com you can alter the speedo for oversized tires.. I know in fords you can do this through the ABS up to a certian percent..

I am in Yuma Arizona.. I am willing to purchase and learn the program AND use it to help others that are willing to make a little drive.
Move to Dallas and we can be the best of friends.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts