My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did some data logging today and did a 1 minute 4th gear run...  >:D

It showed my boost peaking at 2070 mbar:  30PSI?!?!? is vagcom accurate?

This is after the forge DV install ;D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTfly said:
i dont think the stock wastegate will let you run 30psi if it has not been tweaked.
The only thing that's changed is the forge DV... my boost gauge is on order. I'm having a hard time believing it's 30psi, but that's what the numbers from vag-com say. :eek:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
30PSI on the stock turbo would probably blow it into pieces after a few runs. if yer really runing with 30psi i would be pretty amazed that its still in working order. i can hit 25PSI on my boost gauge and you can tell the turbo starts going crazy cause the needle will be bouncing within 1PSI from 22PSI and above.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
GTfly said:
i dont think the stock wastegate will let you run 30psi if it has not been tweaked.
The only thing that's changed is the forge DV... my boost gauge is on order. I'm having a hard time believing it's 30psi, but that's what the numbers from vag-com say. :eek:
That can't be right!?! At least, I hope it's not, you'll pop that 2.0 like a balloon!

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
22350 said:
Dragon said:
GTfly said:
That can't be right!?! At least, I hope it's not, you'll pop that 2.0 like a balloon!
I had one of our race team mechanics 'splain it to me... the reading does not take into account normal atmospheric pressure of about 14PSI.
So it was somewhere around 15-16 PSI at peak. :)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTfly said:
at peak? like at a spike? you should hit 20-22 spiking
I've got the SPS controller to play with, now that I know I'm not killing the motor. :teeth

(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to ressurect.

When logging with Vagcom, the boost pressure is measure just like a barometer. Subtract 1000mb (or whatever your pressure was that day). So really you had 1070mb of boost, or 15.5lbs.

Are you chipped? Because I have Revo and mine runs 21.3lbs. (1470mb).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts