My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I've had my car for 3 weeks and I finally found the fuse box under the dash so I could hardwire my Valenine1 into the new ride! Its the panel on left side of the dash- facing the door- for those who dont know. It's not marked or labeled and I'm missing those pages out of my manual for some reason... I was able to use one of the fuse terminals (see pic) for a "key on 12v" source. I was also able to ground the power supply to one of the bolts that holds the dash on (see large yellow connector- other pic). I just loosened it enough to slip a spade connector behind it and re-tightened it. Now I dont have that dorky coil cord dangling in front of me to advertise that I have a detector!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd love to see more pics, i'm interested in the V1 and it's not illegal in Cali to have one, but i'd like a clean install with as little wires showing as possible.

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No concealed display. It's mounted by the rearview so It's not really in plain sight anyway. I was stopped a couple of times in my GTO by officers that didnt use radar and they never saw it- Mainly because it's mounted up high and theres no coil cord to give it away. The V1 manual says that it's good to mount them up high anyway. I'll get some more pics of how its mounted and where the wire is run and post them later...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, sorry it took so long for pics, but it's been a long week at work.
I ran the wire under the headliner (w/o removing it). I used a dental type hook or pick and pulled the headliner down just far enough to stuff the wire under it w/ a bone tool or a flat screwdriver w/ the tip covered in electrical tape. I ran across to the left(see pic), under the side airbag trim panel in the A pillar, around to the outside of the pillar and tucked it underneath the rubber seal and the ouside of the A pillar trim. Then went down the A pillar to the fuse box.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
lazybra1n said:
The V1 manual says that it's good to mount them up high anyway.
The higher the better for RADAR, the closer to the center above the dash is better for LIDAR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts