Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased and installed the compact HID conversion kit and LED license plate lights for my 2012 gti from uspmotorsports.com, and I just wanted to write a short review about the installation and my thoughts.

LED License Plate Lights - These are VERY bright and look really cool at night, especially with an HID kit to match them. Installation was very easy and straight forward, just pop out the stock lights and put the new ones in... simple as that.

Compact HID Conversion Kit
- I chose the 8000k bulbs which was defiantly a good decision because they are more white than blue, which was exactly what I was hoping. The installation was not very complicated because there is a video on their website that goes through it step by step. The only hard part was connecting the t taps and getting the bulbs in place due to the tight space in the headlight, otherwise it was just plug and play.

Overall I am very happy with my new lights and my car looks SICK at night.. ill put up pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
So I recently purchased and installed the compact HID conversion kit and LED license plate lights for my 2012 gti from uspmotorsports.com, and I just wanted to write a short review about the installation and my thoughts.

LED License Plate Lights - These are VERY bright and look really cool at night, especially with an HID kit to match them. Installation was very easy and straight forward, just pop out the stock lights and put the new ones in... simple as that.

Compact HID Conversion Kit
- I chose the 8000k bulbs which was defiantly a good decision because they are more white than blue, which was exactly what I was hoping. The installation was not very complicated because there is a video on their website that goes through it step by step. The only hard part was connecting the t taps and getting the bulbs in place due to the tight space in the headlight, otherwise it was just plug and play.

Overall I am very happy with my new lights and my car looks SICK at night.. ill put up pics when I get a chance.
with 8k i can assure you, it does not look "sick" at night..... people like me with pretty bad eyes get hurt very easily with the intense light.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
On a true Kelvin scale, 8k should have a purple tint. Shouldn't be close to white.

But as jsilva said, lights like this hurt my eyes especially when they aren't aimed properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
35 or 55w? They will probably work for about 2 months. USP sucks
Well thanks for that descriptive reasoning behind your thoughts about USP Motorsports.

Fortunately for this customer if they only work for 2 months, we will send him a new set for free since our lighting products come with a 1 year warranty. So thanks for helping me bring that information to potential customers.

Mofo- thanks for the review! Glad you are happy.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Well thanks for that descriptive reasoning behind your thoughts about USP Motorsports.

Fortunately for this customer if they only work for 2 months, we will send him a new set for free since our lighting products come with a 1 year warranty. So thanks for helping me bring that information to potential customers.

Mofo- thanks for the review! Glad you are happy.
Jeff at USP if you really do work there....

DDM sells there kits cheeper with lifetime warrenty.... how do you feel about that?

·
Registered
4,620 Posts

DDM sells there kits cheeper with lifetime warrenty.... how do you feel about that?
Ha! Jeff really does work there and he has a sweet hairdo. My usp hid fog light kit only lasted a couple months. My LED interior kit lasted one day. Its pretty common knowledge that usp lighting products are junk.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts

Sounds like you should probably buy from DDM then. I'm sure they offer a lot of support for VW platforms too.

Ha! Jeff really does work there and he has a sweet hairdo. My usp hid fog light kit only lasted a couple months. My LED interior kit lasted one day. Its pretty common knowledge that usp lighting products are junk.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliment on my hairdo.. wish I could compliment you on something, however I don't have a clue who you are. Sounds like you got unlucky with a fog kit because we rarely replace them.. LED's we have had problems with in the past, but we're getting them from a pretty solid manufacturer now that has a very low defect rate. Feel free to come in for an easy warranty transaction if you are having problems. Or stick to complaining on the internet, whichever works best for you.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Sounds like you should probably buy from DDM then. I'm sure they offer a lot of support for VW platforms too.

Thanks for the compliment on my hairdo.. wish I could compliment you on something, however I don't have a clue who you are. Sounds like you got unlucky with a fog kit because we rarely replace them.. LED's we have had problems with in the past, but we're getting them from a pretty solid manufacturer now that has a very low defect rate. Feel free to come in for an easy warranty transaction if you are having problems. Or stick to complaining on the internet, whichever works best for you.
and this is how you lose customers... ****in ***.

·
Registered
4 Posts
and this is how you lose customers... ****in ***.
Judging by how you opened up by publicly bashing our products.. it doesn't sound like you were a customer in the first place. And if you were, I don't think we mind losing someone who knocks our products. I'm also not sure what I said to offend you enough to resort to name calling.. classy.Thanks.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I'm already on my second set of USP fog lights, thanks. As "easy" as your warranty transaction may be, I don't want to be at your shop getting new lights every two months. It's inconvenient. As for the interior bulbs, I gave up on USP and went with a different company and have had zero problems.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
HID kits are universal, you really dont need car specific instructions

DDM tuning IMO is great, kits last a long time and life time warranty

i had ordered a kit a while back to have as a back up so i didnt have any down time on my light

i didnt check the kit when i got it over 1 year ago

i contacted them and they sent me the right replacement bulbs

most companies will not replace anything over 1 month if its not a warranty reason

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Judging by how you opened up by publicly bashing our products.. it doesn't sound like you were a customer in the first place. And if you were, I don't think we mind losing someone who knocks our products. I'm also not sure what I said to offend you enough to resort to name calling.. classy.Thanks.
Where did I bash it? I said it hurts my eyes... Learn to read.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What the hell, I'll jump on just for funs: When I bought my GTI from Gunther I asked about tuning. I was told there was a shop (USP) nearby, but they recommeded that I would be better off driving across the state to use a different tuner. Just sayin.....

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
What the hell, I'll jump on just for funs: When I bought my GTI from Gunther I asked about tuning. I was told there was a shop (USP) nearby, but they recommeded that I would be better off driving across the state to use a different tuner. Just sayin.....
wow

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
I was a customer of USP for a few months, but got tired of all the lights burning out all the time. I don't have the spare time to get new lights every month until the one year warranty on their junk products runs out. USP sucks, and everyone on the forums knows this. It's the uninformed locals or newbies on the internet that I feel bad for, because they didn't know USP was junk.

PS. Nice hairdo Jeff!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you know it costs more to acquire new customers than to retain previous customers?
Thanks chief, I took marketing in college as well.. 5 times more to be exact. Firing customers can also save money too.

Yeah I know who that was.. and they send people to AVENUE because they pay them commission. I mean, what you were implying is probably right though.. we suck. We have only been in business for 11 years.. first 9 second VW in the states, first 10 second MK4 in the states, currently the quickest and fastest GLI in the states, currently the fastest Audi in the states, APR dealer of the year in the South East in 2011.. we don't know what we are doing though.

Where did I bash it? I said it hurts my eyes... Learn to read.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Sorry, I actually mixed you up with the other douche. You did however come into a USP product review thread, praising a competitors products. So I don't completely apologize.

I was a customer of USP for a few months, but got tired of all the lights burning out all the time. I don't have the spare time to get new lights every month until the one year warranty on their junk products runs out. USP sucks, and everyone on the forums knows this. It's the uninformed locals or newbies on the internet that I feel bad for, because they didn't know USP was junk.

PS. Nice hairdo Jeff!!!!
Thanks for your input kiddo.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
So, lets wrap it up. USP has terrible products and their employees/representatives are disrespectful idiots who don't even know anything about their products. That sums it up well.

PS: nice hairdo Jeff and GTFO

Sent from SKYROCKET
StockMOD v1.0

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.