Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know of a product which will allow me to go from the headphone jack of a noniPod mp3 player out to the input of teh iPod port in the gti? Short of that is there an fm transmitter which is powerful enough to play crystal clear audio out of a noniPod mp3 player? the one i bought is staticy. thanks in advance. O0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man i checked it and didn't find anything. i think this is a really specialized piece of hardware which may not even exist? it replicates the port on the underside of an ipod. :eek:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am 99.9% certain that cable does not exist. Chances are, Apple will not let anyone create the cable.

You are gonna have to go with a FM transmitter....or buy an iPod.

As far as the transmitters go, look for a reputable brand. read some reviews, talk to the guys ay best buy or circuit city (or wherever you buy your electronics from)

I dont think the quality of the reciever is the bottle neck. Where i live, the problem is finding a station band that does not bleed over from other stations.

·
Registered
530 Posts
lumpypumpkin said:
buy an iPod.
This is really your only good solution. I haven't found an FM transmitter yet that's worth the cardboard that it is shipped in, and you won't find an adapter to go from anything to an iPod port.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
NVGTI said:
lumpypumpkin said:
buy an iPod.
This is really your only good solution. I haven't found an FM transmitter yet that's worth the cardboard that it is shipped in, and you won't find an adapter to go from anything to an iPod port.
^^^ exactly- it's even worse when you are in an area that is very "dense" in FM radio stations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all. that sucks though. yes i bought a transmitter at radioshack and the guy said it was the best one (red lights - plugs into the lighter - not sure of the brand name). it sucks though. is it perhaps because the signal has to go through a reinforced roof to reach the antenna? it appeared to work better in my older golf which just had an antenna in the oldschool place (drivers side hood). bummer about taht proprietary technology. apple sucks. i have an ipod by the way, and i use it in my car - i just can't use rhapsody-to-go music service with it - which keeps the songlist fresh. :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts