Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago my unlock button stopped working. All other buttons work and i have no problem unlocking the car manually with the key and starting it.

Yesterday my unlock button on the spare key stopped working as well, same problem.

Anyone else have this problem?

My next service app is not for couple of months and i hate going to the dealer too often too much hasle but this little thing with the unlock button is ticking me off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check in your Owners Manual about it. I read mine front to back one day when I was waiting 6 hours for an oil change and I saw something about if you try to unlock your car a few times and you are out of range it loses its programming. Something about a safety feature. It tells you how to reprogram it also. It is worth a shot. Especially if you don't really want to go to the dealership.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the manual already and found it. It says to unlock the car manually and start the ignition to reset the key thats it. But that didnt help me.

and today my lock button stopped working aswell on Key 2, and I barely used that key so it cant be the battery.

I guess i'll have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just had this problem today. I have reset it as stated in the manual, but that did not fix it. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it or got the dealer to fix it other than by simply resetting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.