Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want UNI, but there nearest dealer is 700 miles away... I live in ATL, and there closest dealer is said to be in N. Carolina... I want Stage 2+, but im scared that ill have a problem and it would be a problem to get it resolved because there 700 miles away.... I just wanna know if anyone with UNI has had any problems...If all else fails ill go APR, they got a dealer like an hour away.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I've had Uni 2 for about 7 months with no issues.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
To me the most important thing is a reputable dealer thats very close by. You never know when something could happen.

·
Registered
386 Posts
To me the most important thing is a reputable dealer thats very close by. You never know when something could happen.
Ive had uni for 4 months with no problems, but i agree with crazy, in the case something does happen it would be nice to know there is someone close by. On a side note i didn't know about this stage 2+ program 4 months ago? I didnt even notice it? 265HP!!! thats nuts, but is that on the k03? what are the required mods?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive had uni for 4 months with no problems, but i agree with crazy, in the case something does happen it would be nice to know there is someone close by. On a side note i didn't know about this stage 2+ program 4 months ago? I didnt even notice it? 265HP!!! thats nuts, but is that on the k03? what are the required mods?
k04, TT225 mass air flow housing, and 380 cc injectors

·
Registered
386 Posts
k04, TT225 mass air flow housing, and 380 cc injectors
AHHH thats what i thought, i remember i read that a while ago, just checking to be sure though. I think when my turbo goes i may be looking into that, as for APR stage 2, go for it, but if you plan to go k04 in the future or bt uni might be the better choice

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i know this guy thats had UNI for over 3 years now

no problems, and his car runs better then mine

i get a CEL every once in a while and her never gets one

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i want to stick to uni but like i said...700 miles is nowhere close...

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
yea i want to stick to uni but like i said...700 miles is nowhere close...
Just my opinion, but there is no way I would do a tune with the closest dealer that far away.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
Just my opinion, but there is no way I would do a tune with the closest dealer that far away.
agree

i have 2 dealer around me tho :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got uni stage 2 and love it, i have 2 apr dealers within 130 miles, but the nearest uni dealer was like 300-320 miles away....it was worth it though, anytime i've had any questions at all (like tweaking it for 91 octane because we dont have 93 here) they were helpful and got me on the right track and i learned how adjust it myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It took me a year of looking before i got my tune, i went to drive and get apr 2 different times but other forces were at work to prevent me from that (got sick the first time and the 2nd time got a $140 speeding ticket) so then i researched more and discovered uni was the way i wanted to go and everything went smooth as silk lol.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
As much as I love Uni, if they were 700 miles away it wouldnt even be a consideration. Chances are you wont have any issues but if you do your pretty f'ed

·
Can it really be?
339 Posts
i know that since ive had the stage 2+ ive been blowing the gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manifold

1 - 19 of 19 Posts