Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a quick question..

im debating on the APR stage 3 and the AWE Tuning TSI K04 Turbo Kit?
im hearing that the stage 3 kit the gas MPG sucks..
does anybody know what my mpg would be comparing it to the K04?

hard question..
:/

·
Registered
124 Posts
stage 3 turbo kit ftl. go k04. gt2871r gets a lot of lag, something that the gti takes pride in not having. k04 is still very responsive but can make over 300 whp. thats good enough for a low 13 to high 12 second pass.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so basically i should go with the KO4 like from AWE, they have for the TSI engine ,which i have and its pretty cheap
for a turbo and do you think im gonna get the low Torque.
I want like at least 2,300 RPM's??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah i know that im just saying like will i still have that same power as stock when im floorin it, but its just gonna have more power pushing than it normally does ? correct?..lol.. see what im saying?

·
Registered
124 Posts
k04 is the best upgrade for for mkv gti's if you want a lot of power with the spunkyness of a gti. there isnt an awe k04 kit for fsi mkv motors right?

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
well if you think about it the 10.3:1 compression of the GTI helps you with bottom end before the turbo starts spooling, stage 3 kits hit at about 3k which is not bad at all, gt30+ come on about 3.5-4k, but the gt28 is still small enough to give you a very useable midrange. you also have to consider that the k04 is a journal bearing and the gt's are ball bearing so your midrange spool times will be equivalent even tho your running a bigger turbo. If It was my money I would go stage 3 with a gt28 or gt30, you will never need anymore than that in the GTI but if you go K04 you might later decide you want more but blew all your $ on the k04 when for alittle bit more you could have much more capabilities, including upgrading internals and running 30 psi :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
k04 is the best upgrade for for mkv gti's if you want a lot of power with the spunkyness of a gti. there isnt an awe k04 kit for fsi mkv motors right?
no they make a kit for the fsi as well, i almost bought a kit. i thought they didn't make one for the tsi, but i could be wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts