Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys youve been very helpful in the past with my gti project. looking for more opinions. stock k03. when stock air box was on i had a loss of power at 2200rpm then at about 2400 it came back. felt like it just dies out then comes back. NOW several weeks after i installed a nuespeed intake and few other mods i can hear that when it cuts out at 2200 there is a whining noise. i can hear boost build nicely till 2200, then whining noise till 2400, then powers back on. it DOES NOT do this everytime. many times it does but not 100% of the time. really not looking forward to you guys telling me the turbos on its way out but so be it if it is :( on the other hand im thinking torn DV. PCV is good (dipstick out=bad idle, and i cant blow through the pcv line) assuming its fine. i had an issue with sputtering at WOT, somehow that fixed itself :/..... recently ive gotten CEL after going above 5k rpm a few times. getting codes that are all pointing to bad Runner control valve/flapper motor. which will be replaced, along with all new plugs and coil packs because of my multiple random misfires, and misfires on cyl 1,2,3,4... so yea. HELP ME PLEASE!!! ooohhhhhhhh yea ummm forgot to say i just changed my oil at 4k miles and pulled about 2 quarts out!!! that scared me to say the leaset. especially when i change it normally at 5k miles and i burn about 1-1.5 quarts. 3 quarts in 4k miles is what is making me post this bc im sure my turbo is getting hungry after 134k miles.

·
Registered
390 Posts
DV or maybe your coilpacks are on their way out? Maybe replace them?

Could be the cam follwer as stated below as well. What your experiencing sounds vaguely familiar to what happened when my cam follower crapped out on me.

Also, any idea what code(s) the cel threw?

Worst case scenario, if it is the turbo, sounds like an excuse to upgrade to a KO4 :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i replaced my cam follower about 9k miles ago, I had misfires at WOT all the time till i changed the follower. they were gone after. the codes were p2004, p0301, p0642, then codes for misfire on each cyl. my DV might be shot which would be nice bc ive been waiting to upgrade to the newest revision and a forge spacer maybe if i can decide wheather i like the sound or not ha. i was thinking about the k04 upgrade but what other components need to be upgraded along with the turbo and a tune????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts