Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just picked up a new 08 GTI and I love it. Eventually I will want to change some parts like the sway bars to start, then other choice upgrades like the intake and turbo. My only problem is that I work 60 hours a week and don't really have time to do it myself. My question is this : Who do you recommend to work on your cars? Im looking for quality work that isn't going to drain my wallet. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would recomend the guys at EuroCode tuning. There is another shop close to you Global Motor Sports, but they also work on high end cars and seem to have a little attidude when I deal with them.

EuroCode is more than willing to answer any questions you have. Just give them a call or go buy. They will be more than happe to help you out. If you email them they might take awhile to get back to you.

http://www.ecodetuning.com/

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
22350 said:
Yeah...ME!!! ;D
ha deal! 6 pack a day for labor or what? ;D

To vwOCD: I live in Long Beach, but work in Costa Mesa, so anywhere inbetween.. If you see a BM with an orange rear plate fly by, thats me!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it brand new from Fladaboe VW in Irvine and they have orange dealer plates heh.
To be honest, I'd drive 100 miles for a good honest mechanic that will help me out.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
xminusthex said:
I bought it brand new from Fladaboe VW in Irvine and they have orange dealer plates heh.
To be honest, I'd drive 100 miles for a good honest mechanic that will help me out.
Seriously bro...for the stuff you want done I'll help you out gratis!! Well...the beer won't be refused. ;D

You will however have to drive into the valley of the dirt...i.e. the inland empire, Murrieta to be exact. If you want new internals related to big turbo kits and things of that nature I have an excellent mechanic out here. If it has to be O.C. let me know and I'll send you a couple of choices...they aren't cheap by any means though....so get ready to spend as much if not more on labor than the parts you want installed.

If you want VW certified guys at sorta but not really discount prices go to ABD...they aren't as bad as you might of heard. I wouldn't go there....but they aren't that bad for the average Joe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ha rad thanks! When I need some work done I'll be heading into the valley of dirt. Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
xminusthex said:
Did I see you on Yorktown about 7:30 am about two weeks ago?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, say hi if you see my ziping around. Let me know if you find someone to do the mods you want.

I just went to Global Motor Sports today to have them add a program on to the chip and put in an intake. They seem to know their stuff.

I will let you know how it comes out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vwOCD said:
Well, say hi if you see my ziping around. Let me know if you find someone to do the mods you want.

I just went to Global Motor Sports today to have them add a program on to the chip and put in an intake. They seem to know their stuff.

I will let you know how it comes out.
ok rad! for sure ill say hi! if you see a really tall guy in a black 08 say hi and i'll wave back!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got my Carbonio intake today, it delivers...not an huge difference like the chip but very noticable improvement in throtle response and less turbo lag and with a little more power. I'm happy with it.

I didn't get my stock intake back from them so I'm going to call them tomorrow about it.

I want to do the full exhaust in about a month, then that's it, no more mods for a while. At least that what I'm telling myself.

When you are ready to do some mods you should give them a call.

I

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ha I barely have 2k miles on my 08 and I already have ordered a dogbone mount insert,looking to trade my denvers for 18" huffs and I'm buying a eurosprt intake tomorrow. This is after I told myself 'put 10k on it before doing ANYTHING!'

I bought the car 1 month ago tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
xminusthex said:
ha I barely have 2k miles on my 08 and I already have ordered a dogbone mount insert,looking to trade my denvers for 18" huffs and I'm buying a eurosprt intake tomorrow. This is after I told myself 'put 10k on it before doing ANYTHING!'

I bought the car 1 month ago tomorrow.
You'll dig the dogbone....its well worth the coin. O0

·
Registered
42 Posts
do you have to cut the cover? one of the reasons I went with the carbonio is it fits right where the stock intake was (not to mention the carbon fiber looks cool).

Think there would be much difference in performance?

I put 5k miles on my car before I did anything to it to give it a good break in. Then the chip was the first mod.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
vwOCD said:
do you have to cut the cover? one of the reasons I went with the carbonio is it fits right where the stock intake was (not to mention the carbon fiber looks cool).

Think there would be much difference in performance?

I put 5k miles on my car before I did anything to it to give it a good break in. Then the chip was the first mod.
You either have to cut the engine cover or simply remove it all together for the Eurosport intake. O0

1 - 20 of 25 Posts