My Fast GTi banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if it just what the remotes do. My trunk button on my remote doesn't do anything i have to unlock the doors three times to be able to open up the hatch. ???

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay, i feel like a moron now, but i blame my salesman bc he didn't show me any features on the car all i know is that i wanted one but he should have showed me the little things like that.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i really dont like how keys. they have no range at all. i can lock my dads maxima from the other side of my house and i cant even go half that distance for my car :(. and yeah the trunk button is annoying as hell

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah and i was really hoping that the keys would have been some what remodeled for the new MKV with more of a sleek design or something. Because my Fiance has an 02 Jetta and its the same key. Kinda dissapointed in that end.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
is there a way to make the trunk pop open when you click it on your remote. I hate holding it down i wish the trunk would just pop open

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
blackgti06 said:
is there a way to make the trunk pop open when you click it on your remote. I hate holding it down i wish the trunk would just pop open
blackgti,
think that would require some custom solenoid work..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Whats up guys. The remote is easy but my explanation my not be. If you press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors, then the hatch will unlock too. Then you have to push the symbol to open it. If only the drivers door is unlocked it wont let you open the hatch, unless you hold down the hatch button on the remote for a couple of seconds. Now if all the doors are locked you can hold the hatch key down to unlock the hatch, then the lights will blink. When you close it the car will arm itself again and beep. Now if at least one door is unlocked and you hold the hatch button on the remote down the hatch will unlock, but the lights will NOT blink and no the car wont arm itself at this point if you close it. Now if the car is started and you need to open the hatch and only the drivers door is unlocked then you need to either unlock all the doors or pull the hatch button to unlock the hatch.

So there is the break down of the hatch phenomonon, because that thing was anoying.

I hope this has helped anyone. :) :) :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
06TRMKV said:
Yeah and i was really hoping that the keys would have been some what remodeled for the new MKV with more of a sleek design or something. Because my Fiance has an 02 Jetta and its the same key. Kinda dissapointed in that end.
If the key is all you're dissapointed in, then you made out pretty good! Glue it to your fast, and then it will be more sleek... :)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
More range isn't always better. Think if someone finds your keys and goes walking through the parking lot, hitting the button, trying to find your car.

BTW: if the unlock button is hit three times (I think) while out of range it disables the remote.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i somewhat agree thalo. i guess lower range is better for security but to unlock my trunk i have to be RIGHT next to the car. the lock button 3 times disabling the remote though is pretty cool. ill check that out when im in school and see if i can get into the car later with the remote

·
Registered
79 Posts
It was a VW mechanic that told me that the windows can be coded there is a special code or something like that to make the windows open with the remote control on the '07 gti is this true and how do i get it done so that it does that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
blackgti06 said:
you have to use the vag-com in order to control your windows with your remote i have it on my car its pretty cool
sorry i am new to this stuff what is a vag-com , how much do they cost ,how do i get one,and what else can i do with it

·
Registered
321 Posts
As for remote range, I have really good range with my remote. I can lock my fast from inside a metal wharehouse (where I work) from more than 100 feet away. Your remote range will have a lot to do with battery power.

Try replacing your remote battery and see if that helps. You may also be able to get the dealership to do it for you too. Try claiming it as a warranty thing. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thalo said:
More range isn't always better. Think if someone finds your keys and goes walking through the parking lot, hitting the button, trying to find your car.

BTW: if the unlock button is hit three times (I think) while out of range it disables the remote.
i am not sure that is true or not with the '07 gti i was testing the remote range walking towards the car and must have hit the button 5 or 6 times and as soon as i got in range it blinked that it was unlocked and disarmed so this may not be true ^-^

·
Registered
79 Posts
MicMoor77 said:
As for remote range, I have really good range with my remote. I can lock my fast from inside a metal wharehouse (where I work) from more than 100 feet away. Your remote range will have a lot to do with battery power.

Try replacing your remote battery and see if that helps. You may also be able to get the dealership to do it for you too. Try claiming it as a warranty thing. It's worth a shot.
some of this stuff with the remote and the range may have a little to do with line of sight and distance possible angle as well i was outside with the remote and tried different distances with the remote to see if i got a blinking light and from one angle it would work farther away than a different angle closer to the vehicle maybe 10 feet difference just testing and trying it out to see what would happen :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
06TRMKV said:
I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if it just what the remotes do. My trunk button on my remote doesn't do anything i have to unlock the doors three times to be able to open up the hatch. ???
If you go through the menu in the dash you can customize how your GTI unlocks it self.
Just the driver door or everydoor with one push of a button!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts