Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
B E A U-tiful. Now that you have officially stolen my idea, it's back to the drawing boards. Damn you 22350! ;)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
lol.....i feel honored that u copied me.

nice job :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Holy cow! I have just leaped into the 80's. I just fugured out how to post these pictures. A while back, one of the threads about ground effects asked for a shot, and I could not get it to take becuase of size. Anyway, humor me, I am no longer digitally challenged.

Sorry for the unrelated post in the wrong topic.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Gunny said:
I really like that. Is that just white, or is it actually Candy white? Why is the "i" red?
Lumns........you da man! O0

I used the factory paint code for Candy White Scans007 so wonderfully hosts on his pimpmyauto page, gave it to a local paint and body guy I know and he made it up for me ( I don't know the process he had to go through but it cost about $45 for less than a quart.) I also had to buy a new tip for my paint pump, I didn't know that and would have just used the same one I used for my house....that was a good question to ask 'cause it would have been baaaad:eek:

I give it up to auto paint guys, it was a bit harder to work with the auto paint than the oil based and water based paints I have used for things around the house.

I did the red "I" to match the red "T" on my rear 2.0T badge....besides, it's a classic GTI thing to have a red "I".

Edit: BCRUZIN: Great minds think alike!! Do it up!! ;)

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
its all hot shit,

well the $45 bucks is less than the $100 from Evoms and its customized

all worth it in the end. also in my opinion the $300 carbon fiber one from neuspeed is ugly

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
thought i would repost instructions as the pics dont show up any more.

here it goes....i trimmed my engine cover today and here are the pics. it was quite simple only took bout 30mins.

i used a bandsaw, a saw-zaw and a file.

next the right side of the intake. You dont have to trim all the way down, because it doesnt get in the way of the aftermarket intake

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

note on the left hand side, i dont have a pic for it left yet, but ur gonna need to make a cut soo the MAF fits.

ur gonna need to take off the heatshield, its made of steel and would b a pain in the ass to cut through. Also it allows you to get close to the grommets. Line im as close as possible to them, but avoid cutting them off, they are needed to secure the back of the engine cover down.

on the right hand side its the bottom part of the intake that needs cut off too.

here is the final look at it after its installed. Definitely worth doing!, looks better than the carbon fiber cover that neuspeed sells and doesnt cost you a thing.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
nice. i simply threw my cover away, stupid thing to do, even tho i cracked the bitch getting it out of there :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
hope to do this soon

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
how did it go?

i havent had my engine cover on even though its been trimmed for over a year. had to replace the coil paks a few times and got tired of taking it on and off

21 - 38 of 38 Posts