My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few items from our friends at Hillside Imports
if you contact them, let Dan know that you saw them here.

Hillside Imports is not a myfastgti sponsor, But these are pretty cool items for you GTI so I wanted you to have access to them.

Hillside Imports
503.293.0146/1.877.581.8204
www.hillsideimports.com

1. Covered cupholder console
2. Underseat storage
3. European Headlight switch
4. Storage compartment

·
Registered
46 Posts
The European headlight switch looks pretty sweet. They actually an identical switch in the R32 MKV. From what I saw in some pictures.

#dp

·
Registered
33 Posts
jupp it has rear fog lights...but attention. They are very very bright, so you are only allowed to turn them on when you have less than 50 meter sight or so. Well in the end you don't need them ;)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Well, you have the German version, so you can turn em on. Maybe that's why they don't let North Americans turn em on, cause they're too bright. North Americans are notorious for driving with fog lights when they really aren't needed (whereas Europeans don't have Daytime running lights and only turn em on when absolutely needed). I hear VW is phasing out fog lights on all of their new NA models, GTI is the only one to still have em in the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my carbonio cold air intake installed today. The hp gain is supposed to be around 10hp but the throttle response is whats more impressive. The power is available right from the start and pulls much better all through the rpm range. Plus, its freakin' sweet because its carbon fiber with the clear resin over the outside so you see the weave and everything. If i did this right, there should be a pic attatched.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, the picture post option isnt working too well for me. If you go to APR's European web site ( www.goapr.co.uk ) and look at the intake section, they have a pic off to the side of a Carbonio intake installed on a MKV Gti.

·
Registered
39 Posts
carbonio claims between 6 and 9 hp on average but the peaks can be higher. the major benifit is the increase in throttle resoponse.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Personally i think the Neuspeed is a better kit to have, although yours alows you to use standard filter box and keep the engine covered, i wonder if thats more restrictive on the air flow than the New speed being pretty much a metal tube with a cone on the end :)

hello fellow chipper BTW.

will you being going back to APR to have your chip re-tuned to your turbo back? i''m about to order mine from Miltek suposed to be pushing 400 FtLbs of torque and 277+ BHP at then end of that... i can't even imagine 400 Ftlbs of torque or if they have massaged the figures - will beleive it when i see it in a dyno sheet! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts