Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one?

If nothing comes up by by Friday. I am taking the car on Sat Oct 6. to Cleveland Area dealers for trade for either a 2007 GTI or Passat or EOS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You've probably already been asked this, but why did you buy a car in Ohio, since you live in Toronto? And why won't the dealer work with you? Seems like he could locate you a 2007 to trade for without taking too much of a loss. There must be an '07 somewhere in the northeast that has a few hundred miles on it that a dealer would like to unload. Also, have you thought about working with an on-line broker? I don't know much about them, but they might have some connections or ideas that regular dealers don't have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because I would have saved about 8K due to the exchange rate..

I am going to Cleveland this saturday to see if I can trade it in for a 2007. There's a couple left sout of Cleveland.

As for online brokers, thanx for the heads up I will look into that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like a dealer in Cleveland has a Fahrenheit left that was a Service loaner...I'm hoping to trade it for that. Used "new car" for Used "new car" I probably have to chip in a few grand, think up to 4-5K and i would not be hurting too much since I paid 24K for mine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump anyone?

Is this really such a bad deal, is it too good to be true or is it merely the fact that y'all are too loyal to trade your FAST....

·
Registered
842 Posts
WAS FAST said:
Bump anyone?

Is this really such a bad deal, is it too good to be true or is it merely the fact that y'all are too loyal to trade your FAST....
I say do it. At least if you have to chip in more money you will be getting some value for the investment. Plus, you need to get this over with, and chances are you will still be ahead of the exchange rate.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I live in Texas, and it's a lease. Since I don't know much, these 2 things may not matter, but they probably do. Oh, and it's a Candy White '06, but still a MkV (the new one). Can you say James Bond headlight washers?? 8)

Hit me up in the event that none of that matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts