Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the DSG tranny along with launch control. This morning I launched against a Caddy CTS >:D, nd I found myself sliding off the road to my right. Kryton already told me on some other thread about throttle control and letting off the gas.

I've been getting this crazy amount of wheel spin since I disconnected my battery to install my boost gauge. I'm basically stock with the exception of a carbonio intake. Anyhow, before I disconnected my battery, I had little to no wheel spin using launch control. Any ideas? And does anyone else experience anything similar? (considering you are not chipped)

·
Registered
197 Posts
thats makes no sense, maybe when you disconnected the batt , some traction control memory was dumped, why not disconnect your batt ahgain for 30 mins, it would dump some saved memory and re-something it'sself

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well if you're using LC...the traction controll is dissabled anyway. So it cant be traction control.

More than likely, its just the road. If it's colder now than it was before, you're going to get more wheelspin. The tires will be colder, the air to the engine will be colder. Also, it could be the surface of the road itself. Dry doing it in the same exact location that you have before.

It's probably just ambient conditions, the battery disconnect was just a coincidence.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
lumpypumpkin said:
Well if you're using LC...the traction controll is dissabled anyway. So it cant be traction control.

More than likely, its just the road. If it's colder now than it was before, you're going to get more wheelspin. The tires will be colder, the air to the engine will be colder. Also, it could be the surface of the road itself. Dry doing it in the same exact location that you have before.

It's probably just ambient conditions, the battery disconnect was just a coincidence.
Launch control is optimal when you launch at 2400 rpm any more than that and you will get a butload of wheelspin.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I disconnected my battery (I'm chipped though) and was having a shit ton of issues. I got the Fault Code Erase and Throttle Body Adapt programs...took care of my issues. I'm assuming my problems were because I was chipped, but maybe run a throttle body adaptation? Doubtful, seeing as you're not having issues with awkward moments of power/ loss...but I just figured I'd throw out the idea!

I personally think it's just paranoia. We've all been there... :D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
200lbs of torque+ LC can really give you a shit load of spin. if im at 1/4 more of gas before i feel the tires able to handle more speed ill just spin like a mofo.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yeah man...
LC isn't really designed to control wheelspin... It's designed as a method for DSG equipped GTI's to "drop the clutch." You still have to manually modulate the gas pedal in order to control wheelspin. You'll get it, it just takes a little practice. Also, Lumpypumpkin hit the nail on the head. Ambient conditions play a HUUUUGEEEE factor in good launches...ask anyone that's ever had their cars on a drag strip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.