Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havn't posted any pics of the GTI here since I havn't customized it in anyway. Now I have! Dirtiest GTI EVER!! Well, maybe not, but it is for us. We hit our 5k mile mark this trip, too.

It did more than just survive in th snow. We went up for 4 days of blasting through the snow, taking the corners, and having a blast. We also got our first speeding ticket. Doh. Anyway, we packed 2 snowboards, all our gear, and all our luggage in here with plenty of room to spare. I luff my GTI.

These photos just don't do the grime justice. Its much worse than it looks. MUCH.

EDIT: Edited to delete plates. I'm such a newb.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr. Spool said:
No...That's is VW's new color........Road Grit Ivory!! HA!
That makes it sound so hard core yet classy at the same time! ;D

It is Candy White. Right now it is more or less the Candy White that falls onto the floor and rolls around in the dirt for a while, but you call 10 second rule and it is still ok to eat!! YES!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
gives it a "broken in" look. How's the 4 door. I noticed the front doors are so small. I'm tall so if I adjust the seat the way I want it, I'd be staring directly at the seat belt. I love my 2 door.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kryptonkid07 said:
gives it a "broken in" look. How's the 4 door. I noticed the front doors are so small. I'm tall so if I adjust the seat the way I want it, I'd be staring directly at the seat belt. I love my 2 door.
We love the 4 door. My husband is 6'2 and has no problems with fitting in the car just how he wants. I understand what you mean, though. It is pretty funny when I get in after he's stolen it for a day or two and nearly fall back a couple of feet into the bucket seats. It works great for us. No regrets thus far aside from Sirius issues.

I actually really like the size of the front doors. I don't come nearly as close to hitting parked cars when I open the doors if it is a tight spot.

...He wanted me to get a CRV or a RAV-4. Sorry, but my first car (and still have it) was/is a 68 SS Camaro. Hellll no.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I feel like a lot of the new cars out just have no personality and hardly anyone will remember them and think 'oh, that was a niiiiiice car' 30 years from now. :-\

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just the stock all weather. I'm in California, so please, always take anything I say as an exaggeration when it comes to weather. ;D I know I am totally clueless when it comes to driving REAL weather conditions. There are a ton of wrecks out here if it snows a 1/2 inch! For us, we had fun sliding around in the sludge and grime. Lame, I know, but it was too fun for us. ;) It wasn't meant to be a performance brag, but more of a 'wheeeeeeeeee! we had fun!' brag.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Although I was proud of the aftermarket shade that I applied to it, we washed it and it is back to the OEM Candy white. I highly recommend the color of Highway Cream. ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts