Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

i have the stock headunit, and im wondering have to label my mp3's soo that when i burn them, something other than title xxx comes up. below that line i either get the artist/song name, or the folder and the song name. it all seems kinda random. In the MFG window i only get title xxx and folder xxx

is this jus default or can i change it

·
Registered
530 Posts
Funny, I was able to do it correctly in MP3 format but not in AIFF format, and of course I don't remember, but I don't think I did anything different from the other.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
lumns said:
hey,

i have the stock headunit, and im wondering have to label my mp3's soo that when i burn them, something other than title xxx comes up. below that line i either get the artist/song name, or the folder and the song name. it all seems kinda random. In the MFG window i only get title xxx and folder xxx

is this jus default or can i change it
Yeah- the instructions in the owner's manual left my head spinning :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with how you encode them into MP3 format, but best I can tell, you won't get anything of value on the MFD, but should be able to get song title and artist on the Head unit. I do have one tip that worked for me, do NOT use subfolders, just copy all the MP3's you want straight onto the disc. Don't try to organize them in folders because for what ever reason that didn't work out so well for me, if I remember correctly the stereo would not display crap except like "folder 1, title 001" or some bs like that. [gti]
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, i'll try makin an cd w/o using any subfolders.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If I remember correctly I had too many songs in too many folders. It might be okay to have a few folders with many songs in each folder, but I recommend having as few folders as neccessary.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i usually have between 3-6 folders and i still get the title 001

·
Registered
52 Posts
when i do it i burn it with no folders at all. just one track after another. it still says track 001 or whatever but below it, there is the song title and album. i think the folders screws it up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts