Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone....i currently got the 18" huffs that have a width of 7.5 and i am going to be getting a new set of rims and i am not sure as to whether i should just get rims the same width or go up to the 8" width. is there any large gain in handling or is there really no purpose. and if i was to go to the wider tire would i have tire rub when i was turning since its a large tire???

·
Registered
573 Posts
Why are you getting rid of the huffs? They are the coolest looking wheels EVER! But if you have lost it, and do change the wheels, why drag around the extra weight? If you just like the look of the woder stance, would spacers be lighter?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
You selling the Huffs? Is anybody selling huffs? I'll be looking at buying 18s in the spring, make my 17s purely winter tires, and the huffs aren't bad. If someone's looking to upgrade from their huffs and need a buyer for the wheels/tires hit me up.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
While on the topic of spacers, how far can we push out the 17's.. I've given it some thought. I'm can't do new rims, but spacers may be a nice little upgrade for the money and handling would be improved. I think you can push the rear out something like 15mm. But only 5mm in the front.
Any experts on spacing in here?

A long link to what I'm talking about:
http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=2.0T&model=Golf%20V&submodel=&category=Suspension&subcategory=Wheel%20Spacers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts