Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am 17 and i just got a brand new 2008 MKV GTI.
I was wondering what were some mods i should do to just kinda start out. Nothing huge.
Also any webites where i could look at some things.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
LUCKY! haha.. even though i was 18 when i got my GTI... ah how time flies when you're driving fast.

You got cash to be modding, any price limits?

I haven't had much cash flow, and what I do have I tend to spend on things I need. All I have after 8 months is an intake. So don't be in a rush, but it is nice to shop around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the help so far, ive been using the search
what type of place could do this work for me though(could a dealer do it)
because i dont want someone to do a terrible job and ruin the car.
o and as far as cash goes it just cant be over 1500

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i was thinking but what type of place could do the work for me i live in the Albany NY area, but i don't even know what to look for in the phone book or anything like that. Could a dealer do it

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
A dealer could, but the second they get a scent of you chipping your car, your warranty will go to hell. Keep this in mind. Search around for a European car mod shop.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Chip- $550-$600 -(giac, apr, revo are the top 3 from what I read)
New south boost gauge- $85- to see how much boost you running with that chip, and also to see if you may have a leak of some kind.
DV- $150-$250 - because chances are that the stock DV diaphram will be torn with that extra boost you'll be running with that chip
Carbonio Intake-$279- because the throttle response is truly amazing with it. Also its a pretty easy install and looks great.

(maybe later on, you can get a Forge Twintercooler, so you dont have to worry about overheating, thats $925)

Anyway, it should run you $1064 - $1214

Save the rest for installation fees (unless you can do some of these yourself), or save the rest for gas because you'll have to fill up on 93 octane ,and somewhere along the line your feet turns to lead >:D

Hope that helps alittle O0
anyone agree with me?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't think you should have to pay someone to install all the "bolt-ons". Intake is pretty easy and there are a ton of DIY or How To threads available. As long as you have basic tools and are somewhat mechanically inclined you should be able to manage it yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.