Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nicely done jimithing412. O0 What did you use to cover the actual brake light circle? I'll post mine here soon but my spray was the entire lens. Also like the Eurobadgez.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used 3M blue painters tape to make the circles. BTW I did this with the lights off the car. Helps to have a lot of overhead light to tape the outline of the circles.

·
Registered
473 Posts
That and a steady hand and maybe a razor blade. It came off nice. Mine arent done too dark so Po-po wouldnt have a fit. Some states trip over any tint so im knocking on wood for a while. I do live for now in VA.. and HEY DRAGON.. I saw one of your pictures with the balloon with the Virginia catch phrase. It should read, VA isnt for FAST lovers. ;D Gotta keep it 19th Century slow over here. [fish]

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like the price. Anymore shots of the diy? Not sure I could make a decent circle with painters tape. May be I can use a bowl like Moe did for haircuts.

Yeah, I hate driving through VA. It is all about the money with po po. I drive up to Marion a lot, and I can count on them to always be around exit 15 - 23 in pairs. They actually consider anything over 80 Mph to be "wreckless", or so the last Pooper Trooper told me with his hand always on his gun. :D

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Not too shabby for spray cans :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I haven't seen any "tail light overlays" yet for our cars, though I'm sure that they're out there. If you're not too handy, I'd definately recommend doing it that way as opposed to spraying it. Overlays are kind of failsafe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I need to upload a pic of my I sanded mine with 600 and recleared mine with 1 coat of Limco 4100 clear tinted with black. and they look great. No problem shining through either

1 - 12 of 12 Posts