Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to go get my windows tinted and will probably get 35% on sides and back. my first question was at what point does the P.D typicaly question you on your window tint in california? and second has any one done a pretty light tint on the front windshield?

·
Banned
890 Posts
All depends on what state your in(not state of mind). In Mass they get away with heavy tint while in Maine you'll get ticketed by the troopers quick, at their discretion it seems.CA seems to allow dark tints also, check with you state laws.

·
Registered
52 Posts
personally i think tinting you front windshield is going over board. i have everything expect that done. plus im almost positive its illegal there anyways, having that tinted will really have the cops after ya

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mk4newport said:
i am going to go get my windows tinted and will probably get 35% on sides and back. my first question was at what point does the P.D typicaly question you on your window tint in california? and second has any one done a pretty light tint on the front windshield?
The general rule is no tint on the front side windows and windshield (you can have a header on top, but not the entire windshield).

Expect to get pulled over, usually the first ticket is a fix-it. The second is a hefty fine and fix it.
Unless you want to meet your local Officers and become friends on a first name basis. Don't do it.

If you do... expect the first ticket from CHP. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts