Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favourite things in the interior are the two red lights built into the headliner console. They throw this subtle red glow on the gear shift at night - so cool. I assume the 06 and 07 models have that too?

·
Registered
446 Posts
i am going to put red LEDs around the floor today in front and back hope it looks close to the color red thats in the cabin already we will see.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thedudes said:
i am going to put red LEDs around the floor today in front and back hope it looks close to the color red thats in the cabin already we will see.
Okay, but do you have the lights I describe?

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah i have them sorry thats why i want more and i am hoping they match the colors because i love the look they give off

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't had my car that long, so when I went out at night I was pleasantly surprised. You don't get that in a chevy cobalt!

·
Registered
446 Posts
i allways find myself looking down at my hand and playing with the light moving my hand up and down its a great extra

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i didnt know that they were there at first. i randomly came up on info about them while reading one of the posts here a while back. they are good if u have a tactical red light readeble map, or just to play with ;D would be cool if they put them in the foot wells instead of the regular ones. i just might have to get under there and swap some leds in one of thease days. but im lazy, so it may be a while [fish]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I JUST PUT RED TINT AND THE MATS GLOW RED !!! AND IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD!!! ITS CHEAPER AND EASIER THEN JUST CHANGING THE BULB...WELL THATS WHAT I THINK

·
Registered
473 Posts
zeonic said:
i didnt know that they were there at first. i randomly came up on info about them while reading one of the posts here a while back. they are good if u have a tactical red light readeble map, or just to play with ;D would be cool if they put them in the foot wells instead of the regular ones. i just might have to get under there and swap some leds in one of thease days. but im lazy, so it may be a while [fish]
Im with you on this one. Knowing I have the red lights but those regular lights dont go with the feel of the car for me so once I get home this weekend Im gonna change out those bulbs. Next to think of is the dome lights. Might wanna go with HID color bulbs. Gotta see them first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
VA2STLTH said:
zeonic said:
Im with you on this one. Knowing I have the red lights but those regular lights dont go with the feel of the car for me so once I get home this weekend Im gonna change out those bulbs. Next to think of is the dome lights. Might wanna go with HID color bulbs. Gotta see them first.
Let me know what you end up doing, and what bulbs you use for the wells :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sorry for the delay. I changed out both foot well lights to red bulbs and the glove box as well with AutoZone's Red "Xtreme Lites" 194R. I changed out the trunk light as well with the same brand but a different bulb style. They're darker red than ones I bought at Advanced Auto. The bulb replacement is really easy once you learn how to remove the holder from the car. A small screwdriver will get the holder and bulb out easy.

I tried only modestly at the front dome lights but I'm afraid I'd mess up the cover besides the footwells light up everytime and cant be switched off so why press my luck right now. Probably VW was thinking of safety over pimp points and the red get you both. Let me know if you agree on the bulbs.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts