Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some idiot kids walked in front of me, really slowly... I got fed up with their crap and loaded up 1st gear and dumped the clutch and lit my tires up, go to shift into second gear and it wouldn't grab until i pumped the clutch several times... Now when i go to use 1st gear, it feels like it's blocked off... I managed to force it into gear and got it to slide in and out a few times but I can feel that something is slowing the transition. Have to work tomorrow so I'll see if it acts up or resolves itself, has before...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's fine... Do what?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't rev. Loaded rpms up and dropped the clutch. nothing but a giant cloud of wheel smoke :)

Car is totaled. Looking at buying a 1994 Rx-7...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scratch the rx7, found a nice 240. Gonna get away from VW's until this next car is paid off. Then I'm comin back :)

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
o_O

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm ready to get back into drifting. Fwd is fun and has it advantages, I just enjoy getting sideways too much... Got my eyes set on an audi in the future ;)

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Puddle of water. Ran threw it and it submerged my intercooler half way up. Basically about a foot and a half of the car was under water. Real bad storm here, couldn't see...

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dam man that sucks i would be so mad idk what i would do
what kinda intercooler did u have on it and did it make a good gain in power
I just had an ebay cooler, i wasn't looking for power. Just wanted to stop the heatsoak and man it did that. For a few weeks the car worked perfectly in sink. I could run hotlaps for about 40 minutes and the intake manifold was cool to the touch. As far as power gains, with a smaller intercooler you can pretty much count on anywhere from 5-15whp. Just depends on the dimensions and airflow to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.