Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GTI MKIV 2001 1.8T I been taking a deep consideration of getting an aftermarket DV or a BOV due to that fact that ever sense i had this car from day one, i have noticed like a fluttering noise. My friend calls it a horses noise. Now i have checked everything for leaks and there is nothing. I know i am not the only one that gets this because i seen the same thing in other forums but no one tends to give like a remedy for this. This only happens at low boost only in first gear and sometimes in second gear but other than that its fine but how may i stop it from happening or is it just might be better to get an aftermarket DV or BOV?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if you have a boost gauge or notice that yer power is VERY low then i would definitly think its the DV. if yer still pushing out all the power you can then i doubt its the DV.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i do have a boost gauge and its steady all the way... I have one of those gauge pods thingys ;D i had to fight with my dad for that one for x-mas due to that fact i am so young, and i am very inexperienced but i do go outside and look at go through DIY to make my car better but i think i just want to know why it makes that noise because it happens when you shift like when your supposed to hear the WHOOSH (first (all the time) and second gear (somethimes)) and i think its because its not getting enough pressure to make the WHOOSh so i dont know some please help i was looking into buying that Greddy Blow-off valve Type-RS the one that EIPtuning gots up for the MKIV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.