Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking into short shifters and hacking the stalk down a bit. Wanted some feedback form the comune to see who has done what and what is a good brand to roll with. I was thinking the following:

ECS Adjustable short shift kit (it has weights and 4 settings)
Forge adjustable side-side short shift kit
Sawzall 1.5" off stalk with original 337 boot and knob.

That setup would give me CRAZY fast shifts and sit low enough to be a porsche shifter.
Yum.

Whudya think?

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
i have not done it to my mk4 but i did it to my mk3

it worked out nicely

I have a Neuspeed SS on the mk4

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Invest in the driver mod.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Invest in the driver mod.
haha, yes, this too!

i have a neuspeed in mine too and love it. really pretty easy to swap out also. 3 clips and you're done.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
dont know what gen GTI you got

i think mjm has NS SS

also try NAMsport

·
Registered
256 Posts
i was gonna post a link for this, but volcano already got to it first, AND his price was cheaper... well done sir!

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
O0.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Um its cheaper for you to practice your shifting... i honestly can shift relativity fast.from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th are obviously gonna be your fastest shifts...But my older family members shifting is soo F**kin fast, and with no clutch.... the black starlet is my cousin(hes tweaked his car sense then) the red starlet is a family friend...both running 13bs....listen to the shifting

·
Registered
963 Posts
oh heres another built car by my cousin that he raced and drove against an evo..he told me it had some mods but i cant remember what they where..

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn good launches on those clips. Way to prep the boost for the right take off.

About hacking down the stock shifter stalk with a hacksaw... Should I go with the B&M Short shifter assembly instead? It looks clean cut. I want to take the shifter down an inch or two to get it closer towards the actual center console. I'm going for a lower more luxury feel. Fast shifts, like 07GTIMYFAST said, can really only go with syncros. The SS mechanism helps shorten the length between gears, but adjusting syncros to your shifting style is where it's at. I just want a shorter throw, and stalk. I'm not sure about hacking away at the factory stalk though.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i can shift an 84 fiero like its nobodys biz

·
Registered
963 Posts
yea i talked to my cousin today and he said that evo was built and had alot of rumor on how fast it was...he likes to show off rotaries

1 - 17 of 17 Posts