Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im more of a lurker that just gains info on stuff from you guys but i have this one question.
I was wondering how far can you push the DSG tranny without breaking it.
I mean how much torque could you be pushing how without really damaging the DSG.
Since when i do get my GTI i want to chip it but just wanted to know if that was going to damage it cause i know the DSG tranny cant be cheap to fix.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
fastgtiboii said:
com on i know there s someone on this site that can help me out
I'm going off the top of my head- but you start to stress the DSG out when you tq approaches +300 ft lbs. AFAIK- No one has come out with hard numbers on it.

All of the usual stage 1 mods (ECU/CAI/FullEx) with most major vendors will bring you in below that.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
VF Engineering is just about done with their work up on the DSG for the 2.0T. It is obviously because they are having trouble with all of the power the RS/R kit produces. From what I have heard they are throwing some significant upgrades at the DSG tranny to strengthen it. I also heard that VW is working with them to adapt some stuff for the 3.6 liter. I don't know how true that is though.

DSG R36 anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
22350 said:
VF Engineering is just about done with their work up on the DSG for the 2.0T. It is obviously because they are having trouble with all of the power the RS/R kit produces.
400 hp and 350+ in torque? I think that may not be what the folks at Borg-Warner and VW engineered it for.

·
Registered
747 Posts
making sure the fuel pump is changed and the stock diverter valve is replaces too, do you think a DSG tranny could withstand a Stage 2 REVO??
I am not there YET, but I am just wondering... ::) ??? O0

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
should be just fine. the RS/S turbo upgrade works on the DSG (i think they turned the software specifically for it though...) so why not REVO stage 2? hah.
There are also tons of people in my local club that have stage 2 revo and DSG and never have problems... with the tranny atleast.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so im guessing around 300 torque or so cause im not thinking of making it much higher than that just stage 1 or 2 APR and CAI and then maybe later a turbo back but the exhaust is a big maybe so with those i guess i'll be getting colse to 300 torque

·
Registered
857 Posts
With all that, you won't be at 300 lb ft. yet. You'd need more stuff than just chip exhaust intake to hit the big 300. Don't worry about it breaking, other parts will definitely break before your dsg. Specifically your DV.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
10bv01 said:
With all that, you won't be at 300 lb ft. yet. You'd need more stuff than just chip exhaust intake to hit the big 300. Don't worry about it breaking, other parts will definitely break before your dsg. Specifically your DV.
Dude!!!! Where have you been? Tell your employer to lay off a bit already!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
10bv01 said:
actually there are some people in my club hitting 300lbs at the wheels with REVO stage 2. when i dyno mine ill tell ya what i get >:D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts