Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to say right now to anyone that is thinking of buying or already has a MKV GTI that the factory radio SUCKS!!!!!

The very first mod that should be done when you buy this car is to swap out the factory radio and put in something nice.

It's not hard, the instructions to do it are all over this website.

So many people are on this site crying about the factory radio.

I had the factory radio reprogrammed 2 times and replaced once and it was still phucked up.

The only thing that is going to solve the problem is to throw in an aftermarket deck.

The End.

·
Registered
635 Posts
was it necessary to start a new thread when you even say there are discussions everywhere on this site about the same thing?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, why not???????? there's already so many taking up space I figured I'd just get to the bottom line and see if people actually pay attention.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plus I'm bored as hell stuck at work for the next 1/2 hour. I reached the end of the internet and nothing better to do. :D :eek:

·
Registered
842 Posts
mofo529 said:
I'm going to say right now to anyone that is thinking of buying or already has a MKV GTI that the factory radio SUCKS!!!!!

The very first mod that should be done when you buy this car is to swap out the factory radio and put in something nice.

It's not hard, the instructions to do it are all over this website.

So many people are on this site crying about the factory radio.

I had the factory radio reprogrammed 2 times and replaced once and it was still phucked up.

The only thing that is going to solve the problem is to throw in an aftermarket deck.

The End.
Well, not quite the end. There is the 2008 - and I think they will have a new head unit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just had my 2006.5 Fast in for 15,000mi Oil Change & Service. While there I had the Sound System TSB done. (TSB number is now 91-06-03, NOT 91-06-02) Everything sounds absolutely AWESOME now! Gave it the old "White Zombie Sound Check" ... No Clipping, crisp treb, bass is all there, and it finally lives up to the "Monsoon Sound" quality that it should have had from the beginning.... (My Wife's 1999.5 Jetta's Monsoon sounded better.... Until Now!)

Highly Recommended TSB for all GTI/GLI Owners. GET IT DONE.

Seriously WOW Improvement! :) :) :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey, does anyone know of a good car audio place to get some work done in Northern Jersey? I want to switch out my headunit, but i also dont want it to look half-assed. thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
there is a best buy in every state except wyoming. or just get european radio removal tools and do it yourself. its extreemly easy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I've had the firmware upgarded for my stereo to try to remove the "bass boost" issue. The dealer said that if it happens again they will have to replace the entire stereo...well it is still happening. This leads into my questions, what's the chances of getting my stereo upgraded to either sat or nav? Canadian '07 model in Edmonton AB. Any ideas if they'd be willing to do such a thing or what kind of cost I'd be looking at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive had mine for a week and a half and the bass boost happened twice to me already. i turned the sound boost level off. so far this has seemed to solve the problem, but if it keeps doing it im takin her back to get fixed.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yeah I had the same thing. I was on my FH's maiden voyage and the dreaded bass boost reared it's ugly head.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Edrock said:
Hey, does anyone know of a good car audio place to get some work done in Northern Jersey? I want to switch out my headunit, but i also dont want it to look half-assed. thanks
I can attest that his job was amazing... I forgot where it was done... Did u say 6th ave or circuit city... looks great and has intregrated Bluetooth controls... Amazing!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WANT TO HEAR SOME BULLSHIT!!!!?!?!?!
I took my car to the Dealership....Millennium VW in Somerville, NJ to be exact. And they acted like they knew absolutely NOTHING about the stock HU bass problem!!! I said, "a lot of people have had this problem, I'm surprised you haven't heard anything abou it yet." They were like..."yeah I don't think there's any kind of software update for your car, or radio for that matter." Bastards!!!! I told them i wanted an appt. and they scheduled me...what a buncha liars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts