Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Have you had an OEM Diverter Valve Failure on your MkV 2.0 TFSI?

• Yes- On a bone stock GTI (all years)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes- On a modded 05/06 MkV

• Yes- on a modded 08 MkV

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everone thinks...THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT THIS!! Because I know I'm not the only one looking for the DEFINITE answer to this one....Mechanics and tuning pros, please chime in here!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good idea - I have been scratching my head over which one would be best when I do chip it, so this will def help my decision.... any comments reflecting your selection would be appreciated too! thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have a mk4 and i have the apr r1 and its amazing the best in my oppenion i had the forge 007p but i don't like it near as much as this. but i was also told that the r1 won't fit the mk5's true or not i have no clue but if u can i would go apr r1.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally I think your decision in aftermarket DV's will come down to how far you want your upgrade path to go. If you are going to be happy and content with stg1 or stg2 then any aftermarket solution will work and possibly the OEM G revision.

Currently Forge, ATP, and BSH have dv solution for our cars.

Forge replaces teh stock valve in the stock location which is great if you planning on sticking with a stock turbo. If you want to go BT it is not going to have a port machined into it for the stock or stock replacement DV.

ATP uses thier modular intake and blocks the stock DV in order to relocate the DV,s recirc path to the cold side of the charge piping. They use a pipe that replaces the EA pipe and follows thier intake tube up to dump through a DV of your choice back into the intake stream post-MAF.

The BSH DV kit is similar to the ATP kit except it uses much larger and much less charge piping by utilizing the EA pipe as part of the charge piping. It also uses a enormous valve closer to the throttle body. The closer to the throttle body the less excess piping you have to pressurize before it goes in your intake manifold where your boost reference shoudl be. This is THE kit to get if you are intending to build your own turbo kit at some point.

The Valve:

Installed:

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Bandit- root around- there is a poll from last year somewhere. If you can't find it let me know and I'll root around and merge the threads. :)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I added an actual poll- I tried to find the original thread, but it appears the poll didn't make it over during the software upgrade.

Please vote :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
What about those who aren't bone stock, but have an intake? :)
If you have an intake you est bet would be to stay away from ATP's solution because you need thier intake for it to work.

If you have a carbonio you are limited to forges solution

If you have a filter on a stick the BSH kit requires you to cut your intake but comes with a silicone coupler to couple the piece they supply to the intake tubr of your choice.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Thank you. Im not the most knowledgeable but I do tons of research and know enough to be dangerous.
Same here:D ... Wrenches scare me. I know how it works but I leave the mechanical stuff to my gf.

kryptonkid07Re: THE DEFINITIVE DV POLL!
What about those who aren't bone stock, but have an intake? :)

I don't think it would create that much of a difference in boost vs boost increases via ECU mods. So I 'd say you would fall under stock then.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
i would assume you will get a check engine light or something. at least i would hope. i have recently chipped my fast. heavent blown the valve yet. but im sure it will happen in the future. its an 06 so im sure to have the old variant. you will loose boost, and i think it will start to leak and hiss after 8psi. i heard that somewhere so im not sure how accurate that is. i just ordered me a boost gauge. that way i will know for sure if it blows.

·
Registered
52 Posts
can someone tell me on how would i know if my dv is not working or broken?
Its either working or notl If your DV pops, you wont boost more than 1-5psi and will hear a hissing noise all the time. The car will feel terribly weak. You will know it instantly. Dont try to make it boost if this happens as you will overspin your turbo trying to make requested boost. Limp it to the dealer and have them fix it or have a fix ready to install.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its either working or notl If your DV pops, you wont boost more than 1-5psi and will hear a hissing noise all the time. The car will feel terribly weak. You will know it instantly. Dont try to make it boost if this happens as you will overspin your turbo trying to make requested boost. Limp it to the dealer and have them fix it or have a fix ready to install.
i would assume you will get a check engine light or something. at least i would hope. i have recently chipped my fast. heavent blown the valve yet. but im sure it will happen in the future. its an 06 so im sure to have the old variant. you will loose boost, and i think it will start to leak and hiss after 8psi. i heard that somewhere so im not sure how accurate that is. i just ordered me a boost gauge. that way i will know for sure if it blows.
thanks you guys. i just wanted to know 'cause i feel that sometimes i don't feel any boost in 3rd gear. it's an 08 and just wanted to know what are the signs. thanks again. i feel the boost in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, & 6th. but not in 3rd all the time. thanks again fellow dubbers!:cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks you guys. i just wanted to know 'cause i feel that sometimes i don't feel any boost in 3rd gear. it's an 08 and just wanted to know what are the signs. thanks again. i feel the boost in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, & 6th. but not in 3rd all the time. thanks again fellow dubbers!:cool:
Ok so get a boost gauge.

www.newsouthperformance.com get you a colum pod kit with the color match gauge and you'll be able to tell whats going on with your car instead of just "feeling" it.

Next read this thread

http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/showthread.php/drive-3117.html

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts