Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black magic. Luxury leather package (leather seats, sunroof, tint).

Mud splattered on it already... sigh.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: It has finally arrived!

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! ;D Now to endure the painfully slow break in period. It will be over before you know it though. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Break in period?

It's seriously hard to drive this car conservatively. I give a tiny bit of gas and it lurches forward. And there's so much high end torque, I feel like I don't need to shift until close to red-line.

This evening I was driving around town with some friends. You wouldn't have known that there were 4 people in the car, not a one under 200lbs. My old Jetta would have seriously struggled.

Man, I love it. I actually can't wait to drive to work tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Break in period... OVER! New car smell.... almost gone.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Does your speedometer go up to 300? O0

·
Registered
32 Posts

Awesome ride! I wouldn't have waited until 1000 miles to kill it if mine hadn't been dealer located from 200 miles away. Drive it like you want it to run!!

·
Registered
10 Posts

Gottagti said:
Awesome ride! I wouldn't have waited until 1000 miles to kill it if mine hadn't been dealer located from 200 miles away. Drive it like you want it to run!!
Even better drive it like you stole it, ive always loved that phrase! >:D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thank you for reactivating this post and reminding me of that fine spring day when I played hooky from work and went and picked up my Fast. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My one year anniversary is coming up this friday!

Payed off my car loan in full on Tuesday. Now it really is MEIN Fast!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Hey all. It's been a long time since I last posted here. I still have my Fast (it'll be 4 years this spring) and still love it. I think I'm gonna drive this car till it dies, I can't imagine ever getting anything else, unless I become super rich and buy a 911 Turbo.

Since my warranty's almost expired I got the REVO stage 1 upgrade on Friday. My dealership is offering free trials, so I don't even think it voids the warranty. It's f'n sweet. In one of my first posts in this thread I marvelled at the GTI's "high end torque", but that was just relative to my old Jetta. The car was actually lacking high end torque... until I got the REVO flash. Now I can actually use 1st gear for more than half a second of acceleration and there's actually power at the high RPMs. Makes the acceleration so much smoother, and I even find the shifting a bit easier. I recommend everybody get it. Or one of the other chip upgrades. I'm sure they're all good.

So here's some new pics I took recently during/after washing and waxing my car. Used the Mothers 3 coat system, looks beautiful.

1st coat of wax

The end result, and product shot

I have a chrome GTI (with Fast) license plate frame on order.

Tire shine applied

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hey all. It's been a long time since I last posted here. I still have my Fast (it'll be 4 years this spring) and still love it. I think I'm gonna drive this car till it dies, I can't imagine ever getting anything else, unless I become super rich and buy a 911 Turbo.
Heh, think I can eat those words now. I just bought a MkVI yesterday. Got $17K trade-in value for my existing Fast, I hope that's good.

Grey Carbon Metallic, should be getting it sometime in the next week or so. This time I opted for four door, the DSG and huffs (or "Detroit" wheels as they call 'em now) to go along with my BBSs which I think will become winter wheels.

Test drove a DSG (for the first time ever, didn't have any in stock when I bought my first one) and man, was I missing out these past four years.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

Test drove a DSG (for the first time ever, didn't have any in stock when I bought my first one) and man, was I missing out these past four years.
See! I told you!:p The visibilty is better in the 4 door too.

My Dad traded in his BoxterS for a MkV RS that's completly stock and he is in love with the car. He's like, why didn't you tell me about this car earlier?

Have fun w/ the new ride!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hehe, Boxster = Porsche with panties

GTI = VW on steroids

Yeah, I noticed on the test drive that it had far better shoulder check visibility than my 2 door. Also tested some CCs and was amazed at how ****-poor the visibility is in those (beautiful car though).

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts

Hehe, Boxster = Porsche with panties

GTI = VW on steroids

Yeah, I noticed on the test drive that it had far better shoulder check visibility than my 2 door. Also tested some CCs and was amazed at how ****-poor the visibility is in those (beautiful car though).
My g/f bought an EOS a few months ago, so this is a 2.0T household only. The visibilty is great when the top is down.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thought I'd stick with this post for continuity.

The MkVI finally arrived and I traded in the MkV today. I'll miss the old car, but f'n loving the new one. I'll get some nicer pics on here someday but for now I took the opportunity to get some side by sides before I handed over the keys.

The MkV:
Black Magic, 2 door, Manual, Leather, Sunroof, Xenons, crap radio, basic climate control, REVO stage 1,

The MkVI:
Carbon Steel Gray, 4 door, DSG, Leather, Sunroof, Xenons, Touch screen (but no GPS), dual zone climate, still stock (for now)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts