Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving down the highway and my engine started misfiring really badly. I scanned the codes, and it gave back P0300-P0303. According to the guy at Autozone, it's probably bad ignition coils. Is there a way to test the coils to see which ones are bad or if they are? I'd rather not replace them all if I don't have to. I have a ScanGuage II and a multimeter, and I could probably borrow some other tools if they would help me diagnose the issue. Thanks for the help.
-Dylan

· Registered
3,586 Posts
So I was driving down the highway and my engine started misfiring really badly. I scanned the codes, and it gave back P0300-P0303. According to the guy at Autozone, it's probably bad ignition coils. Is there a way to test the coils to see which ones are bad or if they are? I'd rather not replace them all if I don't have to. I have a ScanGuage II and a multimeter, and I could probably borrow some other tools if they would help me diagnose the issue. Thanks for the help.
-Dylan
When's the last time you did the plugs and coils? It might be time to replace all of them even if only one or two are currently malfunctioning. But VCDS scanning should tell you what cylinders are misfiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.