Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Testing new Forge DV

7K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  SpeeDemon 
22350 said:
banditscout said:
Yeah, I'll be getting my this week. Did anyone DIY this? Or have it installed professionally?
Oh and if yours doesn't show up and you want to buy mine hit me up. I'm going back to the SSQV. ;D
Thanks, now you tell me, installed mine two weeks ago. :'(

I'm sorry to here that. I was wondering why you were going back to the SSQV. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and better luck with the SSQV.

As luck would have it i found it three days after I ordered the Forge.

22350 said:
NVGTI said:
^
^
^
I put this valve back in this morning...... The Forge is back in his box.....(where it belongs IMO)

I ran the G valve for a few weeks while I was waiting for the Forge to show up....I was having problems with CEL's from my SSQV, if memory serves me correctly, so I got the OEM valve so I could still drive my car with no CEL.

I can't beleive the difference in exhaust note, intake note and throttle response from the OEM valve. Was I kidding myself about the Forge or what? The OEM valve is waaaaaaay better than the Forge. She sounds like a jet again rather than a rumbling beast and BAM does that throttle hit.

I'm gonna take some time this week and change back to the SSQV for a truly objective take on the differences between the valves. I think I can do it now without the frustration and emotion tied to all the CEL's I was getting to begin with. I'll let you guy know my opinion when I'm done.

I'll also make a bunch of noise If I blow the OEM valve to bits. >:D
I'd really like to know how that G valve works out on your set up. I think I want my $250 back from Forge. Damn it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.